Angry "you" is the best[29]

Damian's pov:

--------Ring ring---------

"Liana tell the designer i am suing his ass if i see this trash on my table tomorrow"

"Yes sir" i hear a meeky reply from her . Before cutting the call.

I give one last glance at the monologue to find something decent and slam it on the wall finding absolute trash.

The file rips apart with the pages scattering all over my room.

I sit still in the midst of the chaos i created as i massage my temples feeling a headache.

A knock on the door gets me back from my frenzy. How long have i sat here, I wonder as i say "come in".

The door opens with a click and ciara's feet come into sight. I don't lift my head up nor do i acknowledge her presence I just sit there staring only at her feet as she takes a few steps towards me.

"I bought you dinner" i hear her soft voice, I lift my head up looking at the digital clock displaying numbers 1:00

"Get out" i say annoyed, the fact that she let a man stay this late with her alone was somehow so enraging.

"I will. Once you eat" i hear her yet again but this time a bit clearer.

"I don't want to put up with your nonsense right now, leave" I say sterner than ever as I lift my head and look into her eyes.

She tries shift her gaze but doesn't as If she suddenly decided against it. "You said you will have dinner with me together" she says as she looks at the plates on her either hands.

"You did not have your dinner" I ask more surprised than concerned. "Not yet" she says as she looks around my room.

"Why?" I ask her as I look at her face. "I thought you had like some company and Aaron loves my food too much to share anyways" she says cooly moving towards the small reading table on the other side of the room across the windows.

"Was i interrupting something" she says placing the plates on the table while wandering her gaze around my room.

"Nothing serious" i say as i enter into the bathroom, I freshen up a little bit and change in the walk in closet itself.

Once done I walk back into a rather clean bedroom with Ciara sitting on one of my office chairs as she is keenly looking at the papers in her hand.

"Ahem" I make my presence known "you are back" she says lazily lifting her head up in my direction.

"These........"

"Sample designs for the new relaunch of Aaget's jewelery division "

"And you rejected them right."

"Good.... these designs are.... routine" she continues.

"Asher enterprises is a luxury brand, so the target customers mostly come from riches, this being the first ever contemporary jewelery launch, I must say the stakes are high"

"These designs are not that bad however this is not what our customers would be looking forward to" she says and looks up at me meeting me in the eye.

"Correct" i say. amazed at the understanding she had as to why these designs wouldn't hit the market under our brand.

"Have a seat Ms.aaget, how about we talk over dinner"

"Fine Mr.Asher" she says rolling her eyes as she takes a few strides towards the table.

I feel a smile creep on to my face, i bite back my inner cheeks in an attempt to hide it, nonetheless i still ask her "What was the saas for?" .

"Why is it that you are only a gentleman when I am either listening to you or have something you want" she breathes out with annoyance glazed over her voice.

"Is that so?" I ask as I take my seat infront of her and grab onto my cutlery. I ask it intentionally to irk her a bit. And oh man is she pissed.

"Is that so? Ah fine I get it you are trying to piss me off" she huffs and flares her nostrils tightening her grip on the spoon in her hand.

"Trying? I don't think i was trying i succeeded didn't i?" Just a bit more and i swear i am stoping.

"Oh yeah you succeeded, seeing that all you have to do is...... breathe,and I am pissed".

Ciara's pov:

He is a goddamned jerk. I swear i am never going to be nice to this one he just doesn't deserve it.

I actually expected a comeback, so I lift my head as to why the room is still silent to meet a wierd looking Damian.

He is for some reason biting onto his lower lips and flaring his nostrils, why is he making this funny expressions.

"What?" I question in annoyance and right on the que the room fills with his bursts of laughter.

It wasn't subtle it was loud and genuine I see his eyes curving in making two beautiful crescent moons and his mouth widens as his cheeks flush.

The moments freeze as I take in his beautiful features and his melody like laugh, i couldn't help but notice something bubbling up inside my chest.

Something good and heartwarming his laugh made me feel warm inside and my soul was basking in it, i let the feelings take over and loosen up my constraints, immediately I feel my lips curving up as I look mesmerized at the beautiful man infront of me.

"Did anyone ever told you that angry 'you' is the best" he asks me in the midst of his laughing fit.

I stay silent and say nothing as I feel a harsh tug in my heart. how can I say that there are not many people who would care enough to argue or atleast talk with me.

His laughing eyes which were staring into mine suddenly dropped and an unknown emotion glistens and even before I could comprehend his eyes mask then as well, he stops laughing or any hints of happiness his face held a second ago is gone now and he silently starts eating his food.

One bite, two bite, three bites.... and why isn't he saying anything, I take a  piece of stake from my plate and eat it to see if something was wrong or the food was made bad, but it tasted good everything was perfect.

My heart sank into the depths for some reason, doesn't he have a basic courtesy to appreciate me a little for the food.

Knowing what kind of a weirdo he is i give up and start eating in silence.

" how did you figure out that Aaget's will be segregated under our luxury brand logo" i hear his voice a bit rougher as he was investigating me or something.

"It isn't hard to figure it out, it is pretty simple if I put myself in your shoes. You presume Aaget's as a jewellery business that went down due to the lack of business management. You see it like a mere business flaw, so now you think you should just provide it with some of your business tactics and it will start making money for you" with every word i couldn't help the disappointment I held towards how he was treating the company.

"Presume? Are you questioning my analysis and calling me incompetent Ms.Aaget" i hear his words sharp and dominant.

"Call it whatever you want Damian, all i am saying is maybe there is something missing to the issue that you haven't quite got your hands on"

"what made you say so?" I hear him and i must say he was genuinely asking for my take on the situation. Honestly though I was getting ready for all the mockery but what is this?

This man seriously is making me go nuts.