The Long Awaited Dance(11)

______ciara's pov________

Later that day both of us decided on keeping it a secret from everyone and that the one who breaks the promise will have to reap the consequences.

A lot has happened since then
It has been 6 months from that night and the marriage date has already been decided upon. I am also almost done with my senior year.

It's our prom in two day's and i am more than excited for it. Caden's already asked me for the prom and i want to look my best that day.

I will be busy with the wedding ceremony from next week. So i really plan on making this prom a memorable one.

We are already done with the shopping. Oh josh and mila are together now so yeah.

She wanted to look her best too. Sweep him off the floor is what she wants to do. Not my words.

For me and Caden. well, we are still pretty much the same. He still flirts with me occassionally and all. But he has never asked me out for real so yeah There's that.

---------------------------------

"Mila you are supposed to be here by 11" i screamed on top of my lungs. It's 11:30 Currently we have a appointment at 12. And she hasn't even arrived.

"I will be there in 10. sorry byee" she giggled and the line went dead. She did come in 10 and once we were done with the nails we stopped at a driveway had some food and then i dropped her off at home.
-------------------

Today is the day. I am a Little bit nervous honestly. I don't know but i just have this wierd flush inside my body i don't even understand if it is a good thing or a bad thing. It's been same since this morning.

However i decided to ignore it and get ready for the day. Mila will also be getting ready here with me. The makeup artist and hairstylist will be here by 11.

I just completed my shower it's currently 1:00 now. I will be the first to get my makeup done.

"Are we done" i asked dying to just atleast stretch my limbs once. "Yes mam" said a very pale looking lean women, however she has a very bright pair of eyes that shined every time she got the desired outcome, while drawing my face.

I went to change my outfit while mila started getting her makeup.
And we both were still yet to get our hair done.
----------------------

"Oh my god Ciara you look breathhhhtaking " mila exclaimed as soon as I changed out into my outfit. " Thank you Mill's but we are getting late and i need you to change right now" i shoved Mill's into the bathroom.

She is lovely but Mann her time management sucks. 10 mins later mills came out in her heavenly dress. God she looked like an angel. It was a sweetheart mermaid sequins tulle dress. It has a little train to it. The dress on its own looked sexy. But this woman i don't know how she does it, but made it look absolutely ethereal and heavenly.

"Hello earth to you honeypuffs" mila interrupted. "You looook like a goddess" i squealed as i pecked her cheek.

 "You looook like a goddess" i squealed as i pecked her cheek

Mila's costume

It's currently 5:45 and the driver's currently pulling over. My nerves are getting the best of me. Today is the day, i am gonna tell Caden mila and luke. About my marriage. None of them knows yet.

"Hey i look okay right" mila asked nervously. "Couldn't have looked any better" i reassured. And with a deep inhale we entered the ball room together.

It is a gorgeous ball room. The art, mirrors everything was looking exceptionally gorgeous. The turqoise curtains that were shining because of the bleeding evening rays comming through the windows just added an aesthetic look to the ball.

Everyone is well dressed. While all the girls look exquisite the boys look elegant.

It was nearing 6 and almost everyone has already arrived. But the boys are yet to come, which is quite unseemly though...
"Hey girls" cheered luke as he approached us. He looked delinquent in his black tuxedo, he is a athlete and his body is evident of it.

"You look beautiful" luke said to mila while going aww at her. A typical male response, but hey she is that gorgeous. "And you look hot" he exclaimed looking at me. "Thanks handsome." that took me by surprise, ow and luke looked at me in amazement too.

"Mm you are acting hot now" he continued and i too wasn't ready to stop yet. "Just around hot men' i said in a low voice, while i winked at him. He had a look on his face before he went " eww let's stop" which was then followed with me and mila bursting out in laugh to which luke himself joined later.

"Where's Caden" i enquired while trying so hard to conceal my happiness, my heart feels like it could blow up. No boy has ever complimented me before.
"He's parking, will be here in a few" luke answered as he was staring at someone.

"Go ask her for a dance" i cheered "what if she says no" he looked a bit scared, " no one rejects a dance from the oh-so-hot-quarterback". "Just go already" i pushed him in her direction.

Love is such a wierd thing, it just messes us up. Doesn't matter how good we are, when we like someone, we always have this doubt that we might not be good enough. Even someone as handsome as him had to succumb to those feelings. That is how I feel when i look at Caden, he is so sweet, caring, smart,handsome.... God the list goes on, and what am I? Ugly and fat.

The second i snapped out of my daze i noticed that there is someone who is staring at me.
"Caden" he kind of looks out of it. "Hu-huh yes" "are you drunk? Already?" He just arrived. How can he be drunk. "No not at all. See" with that he just got near to my face and breathed out on my face. I stood there stunned at the sudden intimacy, his sturdy grip on my arms kept tightening in an attempt to study himself may be.
The proximity got me all flushed up. "Uh-uh yeah you are totally drunk" i said all while trying to make some distance between us.

"No i am not" caden pouted. Drunk or not he is adorable. I can't believe i am calling a 6 feet ripped tan guy who plays football adorable. That realisation just made it worse. "See" Caden attempted to blow again. But this time i acted fast and placed my hand against his mouth "ok- ok you are not" i said as i blocked his mouth, with my palm.

To which he giggled, making his lips touch my hands, i jolted back at the warm sensation which surprised Caden."you good cutie pie". "Uh yes i am" i said shyly. Still feeling the lingering warmth of his lips on my palm.

"Then shall we" Caden suddenly extended his hand out with an expectant look on his face. "Sure" i swiftly placed my hand in his. His eyes sparked a bit as he was escorting us to the ball. and we are now in the middle of the ballroom swinging our bodies to the rhythm.

Even when he is this drunk, he still got the moves right, everything felt just right, the music. His moves. The warmth from his hand that was on my waist as he lead me through the rhythm. Every damn thing felt right.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
a long long chapter, hope you guys enjoyed it.💜