Sweetheart[33]

Ciara's pov:

There always has been something so tranquil about sea. Now some might say it looks ferocious and dangerous, it sounds unsettling and aggressive. But dare I say it is not in my case. Sea was my refugee, everytime my head pummelled with thoughts the sound of waves was what distracted my mind. It somehow wrapped me up in it's constant melody.

Sea was where I ran to when i sought warmth, for some reason water even though isn't forgiving, was alluring and warm. It gave me peace followed by time to think through. And ofcourse it reminded me of grandpa. I wish he was here.

I know I shouldn't be sitting on a beach drawing, especially when it's midnight and the beach's 70 miles away from home. But then again that's how you establish hideouts.

It's not really like there's someone worrying out there. He was there with her probably about some office file or whatever. The next time he visits is atleast a weak later if we analyse the past patterns, does he do that to check if i am alive or dead? He might.

So why am i here? Sitting on a beach in the middle of nowhere and thinking of the man who has surpassed all the records in making me cry. I ran away.... Again.

I take another bite from my burger which I bought on the way here as I looked at the shimmering full moon above the sea. A small smile makes my way as all the stupid thoughts from my teenage resurface. Call me a nerd but I can't be the only one who romanticised moon.

Hours fly and I could see that slowly the light started seething through the sky. It's not dark anymore neither is it bright it is that beautiful cool tone of midnight blue, the air is lot less chilly and there is blankets of fog surrounding all the lights in nearby stalls to dim.

I curl myself up trying to warm my upper body and get on my feet. I see my feet sink in sand which never ceases to amuse me it is almost as if the nature is trying to tuck me into its warm embrace. I let my hair loose and take a deep breathe in. As much as I love this it's time i go back or I am missing my classes in the afternoon.

I take a step back whining, it's too beautiful. Another step and i hit my back on something a shriek leaves my mouth as I get away and turn back alarmed. Shocked would be a understatement.

I - you- how?" Yep I stopped saying coherent sentences two minutes ago, now i am a toddler struggling to string words. Should I run? What are the odds of him catching me? He looks like he ran a marathon and will pass out any second so even with my body I guess i stand a chance.

Yes I should run. I look up meeting his eyes and decide to stand there and accept my fate. Stand chance my foot. This man will get me even if I ran away to hell.

"Why can't you let me be"

I don't hear nothing from his side he just keeps staring at every inch of my body. And right when I was about to loose it Damian takes a step forward and envelops me into his embrace. His hands circle around my shoulders as his head lies above mine. I stand there too stunned to resist.

"Thank Goodness. You are safe"

I hear him say as he tightens his hug. Safe. He is relieved that I am safe and not angry because I ran away. What the heck.

" I am starting to wonder the same" I hear his voice yet again. "What?" I state confused what he was babbling about. He lets go his hands, stands straight. One of his hands grabs my chin lifting my face up and i meet his eyes.

"I am starting to wonder why I can't let you be either" he searches my eyes as If he could find his answer in them. "You are safe right " his voice echoes once again and I see a delicate tenderness and worry flash in eyes which are eagerly looking at me to answer. I told him to stay away and now he is giving me those eyes. Is this his new way of tormenting me?. I blink away the absolute adoration I held in my eyes for him and sternly reply with a "yes".