Chapter 7

It was their last day of staying at King's Landing when Celine decided to make it memorable. After winning the tournament, everyone started to notice her, her every move, the way she speaks, even the way she sits and eats. She could tell, obviously, how they called her name, tried to be friends with her, offering their hands for marriage, and how she hates all the attention she's getting. After what happened that night, Celine did all her best to avoid the royal family like a plague, she didn't want some drama in her life as she felt the tension between the princess and the queen.

Clad in trousers, blue coat with patterned folding lapels and double-breasted front and a wide cummerbund. Celine wore her gloves, boots, and a scabbard, designed to hold her dagger. It was around afternoon when she grabbed a bottle of wine – stealing it rather from the kitchen. Wearing a cloak, Celine sneaked out of the castle with the liquor in her hands and walked aimlessly where her feet led her. A distraction, a breather, as to what she calls it.

Growing up with men surrounding her, Celine grew up tasting and drinking almost all kinds of alcohol, resulting to have such incredible tolerance to alcohol. Clicking her tongue in disapproval as she noticed the bottle was already empty. Placing the empty bottle on the ground. As her feet took her to a hill, she didn't know how and where she was, truly. Exhaling a sigh, her whole body feels warm and cozy. She removed her cloak, sat down and leaned her back at the rock behind her, tired from walking. She was about to close her eyes when she heard something rumble behind her.

Slowly turning her head, the rock vibrates and slowly moves. The rock, at what Celine thought, opened his eyes and was met with menacing green eyes who stared deeply into her soul. Celine thought of the worst possible things to happen to her as she came to meet the eyes of the dragon that she mistakenly thought was a harmless rock.

"I'm dead." Celine whispered to herself.

She roamed her eyes around and just noticed the ground was littered, no it was almost covered with bones. Celine mentally scolded herself for not noticing her surroundings earlier. The dragon never moved except to stare at Celine, his green eyes studying the small human who dared to set foot in his lair and disturb his sleep.

"Hi." Celine muttered, her mind was in chaos, as she faced the big dragon.

She flinched and closed her eyes as the dragon in front of her lifted his head and growled. Celine started to think about everything, her family, Winterfell, how the cold brought her comfort. As if life flashes before her eyes, she suddenly remembers many events from her life.

Furrowing her eyebrows, confused why the dragon didn't do anything to her or burn her alive, after a minute of waiting she opened her eyes one by one and was shocked to see the dragon staring at her. Averting her eyes towards his eyes, Celine scoffed as the dragon looked like he was teasing her for being scared.

Her breath hitched as he opened his mouth and fire started to emerge from his throat, instead of being afraid, Celine was mesmerized by the dragon in front of her, at the warmth it was giving her, and unconsciously took a step forward. She lifted her hand, the dragon slowly closed his mouth, as if shocked that the small human wasn't afraid of dying rather fearlessly approaching him. As her hand touched the rough scales, she laughed, the dragon was black as coal with menacing green eyes.

"So majestic." Celine mumbled, softly, and started to lightly run her hand on the dragon's head.

He growled and leaned closer to her touch, Celine chuckled, finding it adorable. And instantly felt a bond forming between them. Exhaling a sigh, she leaned her forehead to his head, as a tear slipped out of her eyes, the dragon gently pushed Celine towards his wings, now standing between his head and wings as if he was hugging her and Celine felt comforted, felt safe in his presence.

"I don't know why I'm crying. Maybe because of the alcohol, it must be." Celine stated and chuckled, shaking her head. She quickly wiped her cheeks to her coat and focused back on the dragon.

Lifting her head up as she felt his wings move, almost like a staircase for her to climb, furrowing her eyebrows as she looked at him in his eyes, she knew he was waiting, she can feel it. Celine was hesitant but his eyes said otherwise telling her to trust him. She exhaled a shaky breath and slowly climbed on his wings.

The dragon hissed, "Calm down, you're the one who told me to climb. Well, not really because you can't speak... Am I that heavy...? I'm sorry. I'm sure I'm not that heavy, right? Bennard said, even Rickon seconded, that I needed some weight or else the wind would blow me away. Of course, I didn't let them go and smacked them on their heads." Celine mumbled as she continued climbing up.

A huff escaped her lips as she reached and settled on his back, her hands and feet began to sweat as she looked down, she was far, very far from the ground. The feeling was extremely thrilling, suspenseful and exhilarating. Celine can literally feel all the animosity as the hair on her neck peaks with anxiousness.

"I know you're big, but not this big big. Gods be good." Celine said and gripped at the horns, "Not hurting you, right?" She asked, the dragon who seemed to understand her, gave a subtle nod to Celine as she heaved a sigh.

"Okay, now what to do. I didn't read in the books how to ride a dragon or command one." Celine stated, her eyes widened as the dragon slowly rose up and stretched out his gigantic wings.

"No, no." She was frantic as the dragon got ready to fly, "Shit." Celine mumbled as the dragon roared, loudly.

An ear-piercing scream escaped her lips when the dragon slowly took off, stepping one or two and started to flap his wings.

Meanwhile, Bennard decided to visit her sister, upon his arrival at her chambers, he was confused to see her bedchamber was empty.

"Princess Rhaenyra and Prince Daemon"

The knight announced outside as the door opened.

"Princess, Prince." He stated, bowing his head.

"Where is Lady Stark?" Rhaenyra asked while Daemon observed Bennard.

"I don't know, princess. I went here to visit her and she was not here when I arrived." Bennard replied.

"Maybe she went for a walk." Rhaenyra said, "I would also like to invite her, the both of you for dinner. It seems like the King and Queen grew fond of her." She added.

"I will tell her that, princess. Your invitation is such an honor for House Stark." Bennard replied, "I'm sure Celine will love tha..."

Bennard was interrupted when they heard a roar, loud enough to shake the castle, the ground or even can be heard up until the North. Rhaenyra and Daemon knew who that sound belonged to, that was the roar of a certain wild dragon who feasted on dead dragons, newborn dragons, and dragon eggs. Dragons hid deeper into the cave and dragonkeepers almost peed in their trousers hearing that loud roar.

Everyone looked up as a large shadow casted at the sky. Their breath hitched as they saw a large dragon, specifically the Cannibal, flying around the Red Keep. Squinting their eyes, they were curious as they tried their best to see who tamed the wild dragon that dragontamers had made attempts to ride a dozen times, but did not return as they turned into ashes or became his food.