Chapter 15

Celine cursed herself for oversleeping. Quickly wearing her dress, hand made by Aliah herself. The dress was a black long-sleeved leather dress with an intricate design of silver flowers starting from her neck to her shoulder blades until her upper arm. And the neckline was enough to show some decent amount of cleavage, the dress perfectly hugged her body with a black fabric belt and pulled her hair back with a skinny loose twist.

Another curse escaped her lips when she couldn't zip her dress all the way to the top. A knock on the door caught her attention, Celine mumbled a come in, thinking it was Helaena as the girl did a quick visit earlier and promised to help her get ready. She continued to struggle, her breath hitched, feeling a hand above hers and it was not a soft one like how she remembered Helaena's hand, it was the same as hers, calloused and bigger compared to her. She remained still until her dress was completely zipped. Celine gulped, whoever it was snaked its hands around her waist pulling her closer until she felt her back colliding with a chest.

"Are you trying to seduce me?"

Hearing his voice and feeling his breath on her ear. Celine was about to move when he tightened his hold, restraining her.

"Let go of me."

"I did that three years ago, the greatest mistake I made. I won't let you go now that you're in my arms now."

Hugging her from behind, Celine stomped his foot causing him to loosen his hold. Celine immediately turned around and there she saw the pained expression that Aemond was sporting, hissing and reaching his foot.

"I will marry no one." Celine said, looking at his eyes.

Aemond stepped towards her, softly pushing her until her back touched the wall. His hand on her waist while the other on the back of her head.

"Why are you so obsessed with me? Do you really want me that much?"

"I literally crave you." Aemond replied and stepped forward, closing in as if their closeness wasn't enough for him. From the moment he saw her at the throne room, he wanted to run and engulf her in a hug and kiss her senselessly, he didn't care if the whole room witnessed it. When he saw her killing Vaemond Velaryon, he never knew that he'd fall deeper into her charms.

Aemond let his eye wander to her face, she was still the same, in fact to him no words can describe how beautiful Celine is and seeing her wearing this dress only brought unholy thoughts to his mind that he badly wants to do to her right now.

Celine furrowed her eyebrows when Aemond leaned closer, a sharp intake of breath when she felt his lips on her exposed neck, placing a light kiss and another just above her cleavage. Aemond smirked, knowing very well what he made her feel.

"Still rejecting marrying me?" Aemond asked, a smirk on his lips as he saw her face. Furrowing his eyebrows as Celine mumbled something he didn't hear, "Speak up, love. I can't hear you." He added.

"I said remove your filthy hands from me." Celine repeated and kicked Aemond on his crotch.

Aemond groaned and doubled over in pain, his hands holding his crotch. Celine looked down at him and smirked.

"The next time you touch me, you'll have no hands." Celine said, warning in her voice.

The door opened and Helaena was shocked to see her brother inside Celine's room. She was about to ask what happened when Celine grabbed her and they both left her room, leaving the kneeling Aemond behind.

"Purple eyes like amethyst beginning to rise. Tale of the stolen heir arise. Hate to Love. Unexpected blessing, a promise of new life."

Celine patiently waited for Helaena to break free from her dreamy thoughts. Celine smiled at her which she returned gratefully. They both arrived with Helaena's hand snaking around Celine. Everyone was already there, except of course Aemond whom they left behind and King Viserys. Everyone stood up thinking it was the King, Celine chuckled. Daemon smirked and Rhaenyra smiled seeing Celine attend the dinner, which she gave both a nod. Before she sat down, Celine approached a servant who became her friend when she stayed at King's Landing. They had a simple and short conversation that somehow lifted Celine's mood.

"You thank them?" Aegon's arrogant voice heard from behind. Celine turned around facing him.

"It's manners." Celine replied.

"You don't need manners when talking to a lower life form." He stated.

"Then, I guess I don't need manners when I talk to you." Celine said, lifting her cup and leaving him with his jaw dropping at her reply.

Celine sat at the other end of the table, a smirk appeared on Celine's lips noticing Aemond walking slightly limping. Eventually, Viserys arrived with the knights carrying him on the chair, everyone stood up to give respect. Settled down in their own seats and Celine mentally rolled her eyes, seeing Aemond sitting at the other end of the long table, just opposite to hers, who gave her a glare which she returned with a smirk.

"How good it is... to see you all tonight... together." Viserys said at the beginning of dinner, not reading the room at all. Breathing heavily, tired already just speaking a few words.

"Prayer before we begin?" Alicent asked, Viserys mumbled a yes and she started to recite some prayers.

"... And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest."

Daemon sneaks a glance to her daughter as soon as their eyes meet both of them smirked, Celine bit her lip preventing a laugh to escape.

"This is an occasion for celebration, it seems." Viserys started, "My grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins, Baela and Rhaena, further strengthening the bond between our houses. A toast to the young Princes... and their betrothed." He added.

Celine smiled at the two young couples, she was mentally gushing how cute they were.

"Let us toast as well Prince Lucerys... the future Lord of the Tides."

Luke looked at Celine and chuckled as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"And to my first grandchild, Daena. Welcome back... I am greatly in bliss now that you're here with us."

Celine forced a smile and took a sip from her cup. Viserys stood up with struggle and breathing heavily. Though it's a happy occasion, Viserys said his heart is filled with sorrow. He takes off the gold mask that had obscured the left part of his face to reveal an empty eye socket.

"My own face... is no longer a handsome one... if indeed it ever was. But tonight... I wish you to see me... as I am. Not just a king... but your father. Your brother. Your husband... and your grand sire. Who may not, it seems... walk for much longer among you. Let us no longer hold ill feelings in our hearts. The crown cannot stand strong if the House of the Dragon remains divided. But set aside your grievances. If not for the sake of the crown... then for the sake of this old man who loves you all so dearly."

Everyone was silent until Rhaenyra stood up, all eyes were on her, waiting for her to say what she wanted.

"I wish to raise my cup to Her Grace, the Queen. I love my father. But I must admit that no one has stood... more loyally by his side than his good wife. She has tended to him with... unfailing devotion, love, and honor. And for that, she has my gratitude... and my apology."

"Your graciousness moves me deeply, Princess. We are both mothers... and we love our children. We have more in common than we sometimes allow. I raise my cup to you... and to your house. You will make a fine queen."

Celine was silent the whole ordeal, she was enjoying being the spectator of her family drama, raising her cup if necessary and sipping her wine. Jace suddenly stood up, banging both his hands on the table. Baela mumbled his name, calming him down. Averting her eyes to Aemond who also stood up, Jace and Aemond stared at each other. Celine almost laughed when Jace gave Aegon a light punch to his shoulder.

"To Prince Aegon and... Prince Aemond. We have not seen each other in years, but I have fond memories of our shared youth. And as men, I hope we may yet be friends and allies. To you and your family's good health, dear uncles."

Celine looked at Helaena who also stood up, "I would like to toast to Baela and Rhaena. They'll be married soon. It isn't so bad. Mostly he just ignores you... except sometimes when he's drunk."

After hearing this, Celine couldn't hold any longer as she erupted in laughter which caught Aemond's attention. Daemon also laughed and both father and daughter held no shame at their behavior.