Chapter 20

Celine was standing at the side because apparently a woman could not voice out her opinions amongst the council, whereas a man's word is the only important.

"Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen, First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men. Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm. Your Grace."

Celine smiled as she saw Rhaena give Rhaenyra a glass of wine.

"Wine, my Queen."

"Thank you, Rhaena. Come."

Rhaena smiled and obliged. Rhaenyra stepped forward, looked at Baela and tilted her head, signaling for her to join them. As Daemon noticed this, he looked at Celine and as soon as she noticed his stare, she glanced at Daemon who nodded his head, Celine averted her eyes towards Rhaenyra who also nodded her head. Celine obliged and stood beside Daemon.

"What is our standing?"

"We have 30 knights, a hundred crossbowmen, and 300 men-at-arms. Dragonstone is relatively easy to defend, but as an instrument of conquest, our army leaves a lot to be desired. We have sent word to my loyal men in the City Watch. I'll have some support there, but I cannot speak to the numbers."

"We already have declarations from Celtigar and Staunton, Massey, Darklyn, Bar Emmon."

"My lady mother was an Arryn. The Vale will not turn cloak against their own kin."

Celine smirked remembering a certain someone from the Vale who she killed.

"Riverrun was always a close friend to your father, Your Grace. With Prince Daemon's acquiescence, I've already sent ravens to Lord Grover."

"Lord Grover is fickle and easily swayed. He will need to be convinced of the strength of our position and that we will support him should it come to war."

"Lord Grover is dead."

Everyone quickly turned their heads towards Celine hearing what she uttered, even Daemon looked at his daughter, his eyes widened, slightly, shocked at what he heard.

"And who holds the Riverrun now, Princess Daena?"

Celine winced at the title called to her, she exhaled a sigh as she noticed everyone was silent, waiting for her reply.

"Riverrun is now in the hands of Lord Edmyn."

"What happened to Lord Grover?" Rhaenyra asked, looking at her daughter.

"Killed him, Your Grace." Celine replied, nonchalantly.

Everyone gasped and Daemon raised his eyebrow, wondering what that cunt did to her daughter for her to kill him.

"You can send a raven there and mention my name. Tell him that Celine Stark needs his help. He will for sure reply back in days' time and will aid us." Celine said, confidence in her voice as she looked at Rhaenyra and bowed.

Rhaenyra nodded her head and signaled for them to continue, which they obliged.

"What of Storm's End and Winter fell?"

"There has never lived a Stark who forgot an oath. And with House Stark, the North will follow."

"My father, Cregan Stark, swore an oath to Queen Rhaenyra. Now, he's gone..." Celine paused, earning everyone's attention again, Celine blinked her eyes as her eyes started to sting, "Rickon now holds Winterfell and will surely aid you, Your Grace. The North never forgets, I knew that for I am a Stark." She added.

Rhaenyra nodded, "Lord Borros Baratheon will need to be reminded of his father's promises." Turning towards Rhaenys, "What news from Driftmark?" She asked.