Chapter 13

"DAENA TARGARYEN!"

Celine groaned, grabbed a pillow and covered her ears. Aliah knew how she hated that name. She hates, rather loathes the name. The very name who took her brother's life. It had already been three years since Bennard died for Celine everything was still fresh, her feeling of grief and guilt was still there. And ever since that day Celine's clothes- everything was replaced by black, for until this day she was still mourning for her brother.

Rhaenyra together with Luke, Jace, Joffrey, and Daemon moved back to Dragonstone while Celine decided to stay in North, of course, it was strongly objected by Rhaenyra but Celine's decision was final and left no argument. As for Cannibal, Celine let him roam free, knowing the dragon can't tolerate the cold, but he decided to stay where his rider is near him. And Celine was thankful for that as Cannibal was her other way of distracting herself from the loss. Celine still frequently visited them at the Dragonstone, but didn't stay long. Regularly exchanging letters to Luke, Jace, and Helaena, she was surprised at first receiving a letter from her, but eventually grew fond of her, viewing Helaena as her younger sister.

Celine drowned herself in engaging in Bennard's funeral, making sure everything was perfect, Bennard was her dearest brother and deserved the best. Rickon, seeing his younger sister was relieved that she was okay but worried at the same time. Ever since that day, Rickon, even Aliah noticed something changed within Celine. Upon her arrival, everyone almost attacked her, terrified at the gigantic dragon, but eventually settled down seeing it was Celine.

After Bennard's funeral, Celine decided to stay at the wall. Rickon never knew why, but he gave Celine his permission. After a year and a half, Celine came back, she was still beautiful but her body became toned, almost like she grew taller and gained more muscles in the right places. Rhaenyra, hearing the news was anxious and worried, not wanting anything to happen to her daughter, but Daemon reminded her that Celine was a grown woman and can do anything she wants, his words while sporting a proud smile. Another thing that made him proud is when news reached them that she almost annihilated House Lannisters, single-handedly.

"I can't stay still knowing they happily feast and drink their wines while I mourn, I want revenge and I will have it in my own way."

Her exact words, left with Cannibal and killed the ones who were responsible for her parents and brother's death. Celine was covered with blood when she came back to Winterfell, riding Cannibal on dragonback.

"You should be preparing right now heading to King's Landing." Aliah stated, heaving a sigh.

"Gods be good, I will kill that ugly man." Celine mumbled.

Aliah shook her head, already used to her foul mouth, she grabbed her blanket, Celine whimpered from the lack of warmth and exhaled a sigh. She slowly got up and looked at her good sister.

"Aliah." Celine whined.

"No, up now. You promised Luke and Jace you'll be there to support them." Aliah mumbled, "Dorran even woke earlier than you." She added.

Hearing her nephew's name, she quickly stood up ignoring how she still wears her nightgown and was about to leave her room when Aliah grabbed the collar of her clothes, Celine pouted as Aliah helped her bath. Celine was whining, mumbling how she can do it all by herself, dress herself and brush her now shoulder-length hair. Aliah remembered how Celine wanted to cut all her hair, leaving nothing, but thankfully Aliah persuaded her not to do such thing and suggested cutting it which Celine pondered for a minute and agreed. Aliah ignored Celine's whiny mumbling, letting it pass through her other ear.

"How about you try another color?" Aliah suggested, hoping that she'll say yes.

"The only color you'll see me wearing is black, Ali." Celine replied, although Aliah knew where Celine hid her clothes, she at least tried every day asking her but to no avail for Celine can't be easily persuaded and a stubborn one.

Celine's black leather armor ensemble, a fitted dress of leather straps worn, criss-crosses her whole torso and is perfectly molded into her body. Aliah is an accomplished seamstress and has always made her own clothes, now even Celine's clothes and to see her wearing it, she is happy and proud seeing how Celine felt comfortable incorporating leather belts and straps in addition to the fabric ones. Celine wore her gloves, boots and a fur-collared cloak, the traditional outerwear of Winterfell. Aliah simply styled her hair, tying the half and letting the lower half down.

Celine sighed as she looked at her reflection in the mirror, she's really not fond of seeing herself with her platinum hair and indigo eyes staring back at her, the longer she stares the longer the memories start to resurface and that was the last thing she wants to happen. Her thoughts were interrupted when Cannibal announced his arrival by letting out a loud roar.

Chuckling, a maid servant brought her bag which consisted of her clothes, she didn't carry that much as she didn't want to stay longer in that God forbidden place. Although, she was excited to see Luke, Jace, Joffrey, and Helaena. If not for Vaemond Velaryon's petition about who will inherit the driftwood and even questioning Luke and Jace's legitimacy. Celine knew their true parentage  but they still both have Targaryen's blood.

Her smile widened, hearing the small pitter-patter of footsteps. Dorran who is now three, ran towards her aunt, Celine opened her arms and skillfully caught him, spinning him around, earning a laugh from the small kid.

"My own heart." Celine greeted him.

"Auntie Cel." Dorran replied, smiling at her.

Celine lightly poked his cheeks. Aliah watched them fondly, she was thankful that Celine treated Dorran like her own but at the same time was saddened that she couldn't bear a child. Nonetheless, Celine was a wonderful aunt.

The three of them walked on the empty hallway with Dorran in Celine's arms, hugging her neck affectionately, Aliah was giving Celine some lectures on what to do and don'ts which Celine didn't listen to. They reached outside and saw Cannibal who growled, Celine chuckled, feeling his growing impatient. Cannibal was Celine in a way they do have the same personality which is having no patience in anything.

"You'll come back, right?" Dorran asked, placing a hand on her cheeks.

Celine smiled at him and leaned her forehead towards his, "Of course, my heart. I will definitely come back. And when that happens, maybe we can ride Cannibal on dragonback and eat cake." She said, whispering the last sentence to him, earning a laugh from him.

Rickon approached them, Aliah took Dorran from her as Celine turned towards his brother, she smiled as Rickon pulled her into a hug, lightly patting her back. Celine bid her goodbyes to them, securely strapped her bag, mounted Cannibal and left Winterfell.

Everything went fast because the next thing Celine knew she was now standing behind Vaemond's sliced head which was her own doing after him calling Luke and Jace bastards and Rhaenyra a whore. Staring down at the dead body, Celine lifted her head, seeing the shocked faces of everyone.

"My hands slipped." She casually stated.

"Disarm her!" Otto yelled.

"No need." Celine mumbled and wiped the blood on her dress.

Daemon smirked, seeing her daughter. Placing a kiss on her temple as she stood beside him, Celine gave him a smile. Rhaenyra tenderly caressed her cheeks with her thumb and smiled then turned afterwards. Luke and Jace stepped towards her, gripping both of their hands and giving each of it a squeeze. Celine ignored the burning stares directed at her, especially a certain one-eyed prince who never left his gaze from her.