Chapter 19

Celine was flying with Cannibal on dragonback together with Caraxes, Syrax, Vermax, Arrax, Tyraxes, and Mooondancer when she saw Meleys, the dragon mounted by Princess Rhaenys, arrived at Dragonstone. Her eyebrows furrowed and heard Cannibal growl, sensing his rider's distraught. Celine caressed Cannibal and quickly ordered for them to return, which the six dragons followed and went back to Dragonmont.

Walking through the empty hallways of the castle, Celine was on top of the staircase when she heard the news about Viserys.

"Viserys is dead."

Celine looked at Rhaenyra and noticed her eyes started to water and Daemon looked back, approaching the painted table.

"I grieve this loss with you, Rhaenyra. My cousin, your father... possessed a kind heart... There is more."

Celine averted her eyes to Rhaenys as she paused for a brief moment.

"Aegon has been crowned as his successor."

Rhaenyra whimpered and Celine descended the stairs, Daemon sneaked a glance to her and looked back at Rhaenys.

"They crowned him?" Rhaenyra asked, disbelievingly.

"How did Viserys die?" Daemon asked.

"How long ago?" Rhaenyra asked once more.

"A day past, perhaps two. I was made a prisoner in my quarters while the Queen made her preparations."

"Viserys has been slain."

"Alicent demanded you declare for Aegon."

"She did. I refused her."

"And yet you are alive."

"The High Septon crowned Aegon in the Dragon pit. I witnessed it myself just before I fled on Meleys."

"They crowned him before the masses."

"So that the masses would see him as their rightful king."

"That whοre of a Queen murdered my brother and stole his throne. And you could have burned them all for it."

"A war is like to be fought over this treachery, to be sure."

Daemon hummed and Celine knew him very well as she noticed how his body shakes, eyes screaming in rage.

"But that war is not mine to begin. I only rushed this warning to you out of loyalty to my husband and to my house. The Greens are coming for you, Rhaenyra. And for your children. You should leave Dragons tone at once."

Rhaenys said, glanced at Celine and left as Celine quickly approached Rhaenyra who whimpered in pain. Rhaenyra reached underneath her skirt and in her hands blood was there.

"The babe is coming."

A curse escaped Celine's lips as she quickly assisted Rhaenyra to her room. They quickly removed her dress off, leaving her in her white nightgown, she continued to groan, walking with such distress in her voice and caressing her belly.

"This should not be happening."

"It is fucking happening."

Celine approached Rhaenyra who immediately reached out her hands for her. She saw how childbirth was painful and can drastically change one's mood, Celine understands Rhaenyra very well as she witnessed it herself back when Aliah is giving birth to Dorran.

"My dear." Rhaenyra whimpered, "I'm scared. It hurts so much." She added.

Celine walked with her, never leaving her side and lightly caressing her arms.