Chapter 26

Celine is now standing with Rhaenyra's council as she stated her plan to them.

"Princess Daena's plan is well planned and précised, Your Grace. I will have to agree with her."

"Me too, Your Grace."

"So am I, Your Grace."

Celine was shocked to hear their approvals, not really expecting for these men to agree with her. Their misogyny towards women in the council drove Celine thinking no one would ever agree with her plan.

"You honor me, My Lords, thank you for agreeing with my plan, but I want to hear what the Queen will say." Celine said, earning nods from them.

Rhaenyra was silent, her eyes on the painted table as she pondered everything. She eventually heaved a sigh and lifted her head up.

"We shall go with Princess Daena's plan. But I want armies to secure Harrenhall and stationed in Riverrun if we retreat, and to those Houses that declared for the Greens' shall know the cost of it. We will block and patrol the Gullet and Narrow Sea. Prevent them from escaping and attacking them if they attack us first." Rhaenyra said.

"Daena and Daemon will infiltrate the castle. A group of hired assassins and knights will assist them. Lord Rickon and Ser Harold will lead the army..."

"I shall take Meleys and patrol the Gullet myself." Rhaenys stated, Rhaenyra gave her a smile and nodded her head, "Take Baela and Moondancer with you." She added which Rhaenys nodded her head.

"Prince Jacaerys and Prince Prince Lucerys will fly together with the fleet, you will be protecting them, patrolling and alerting them if you see any of our enemies." Rhaenyra added, "And finally, we will start our march before the first light in the morrow." She added, earning nods from everyone as they moved.

As Celine watched the council slowly leave, she noticed Rhaena on the side with a look of sadness in her eyes. She immediately approached her, a smile instantly appeared on the younger woman's face, masking her sadness.

"Don't be sad."

"I'm useless because I don't have a dragon. I'm not a warrior myself."

"Having no dragon doesn't mean you're not a warrior. Dragons are not weapons, they're like us who feel emotions and pain and they're here to help us. I know you've already heard this countless times, but I know you'll have your dragon soon. You can stay here, help Rhaenyra or Helaena. You're such a smart and wise woman for you to call yourself useless."

"But I want to be like you."

"Oh, sweet child. You can be more than me, trust in yourself and be confident. If you don't have dragons, you can wield swords. There are a lot of things you can learn. And I'm sure Luke wouldn't mind you having no dragon." Celine said, wiggling her eyebrows causing Rhaena to blush.

"How about you spend more time with him, he sure needs all the support he can get. Luke needs you right now, more than anyone else. Go and make him less nervous, will you?" Celine muttered, earning a chuckle from Rhaena.

Turning towards Rhaenyra as Celine heard her name.

"Yes, Your Grace?"

"No one is here, Daena, you can call me mother now."

Celine smiled and nodded her head.

"What is it, mother?"

Rhaenyra opened her arms, Celine quickly understood what she meant and engulfed her in a hug. Rhaenyra hugged her daughter tightly, savoring the warmth coming from her.

"I don't want you to leave me, my darling. I don't want to lose you again. I already have you in my arms now and to not see you, even sending you to this war will only drive me crazy." Rhaenyra stated.