Chapter 9

Everything went fast for Celine, too fast. Bennard was forced by the order of the Queen to go back to Winterfell while Celine stayed at King's Landing and was confined inside her chambers heavily guarded by knights.

Alicent also ordered to seize the brown lenses she used to wear and throw out the dye Bennard used to color her hair. Celine felt naked as if the lenses and dye were her only clothes she could wear and vulnerable in front of these strangers. Dawn transitioned into night faster than Celine anticipated, she laid on her bed as loneliness hugged her, slowly lulling her to sleep.

Her body trembled and her eyes widened as she noticed where she was, for she was no longer inside her bedchamber rather she went back to the windowless room she was once imprisoned with. Celine's breath became abnormally fast, breathing quickly and deeply. Her hands tied with metal chains above her head while her feet on the ground. Grunting as she felt the pain once more, blood dripping from her wounded back from all the whippings.

Her breath hitched hearing the familiar sound of the steps of her captor, his heavy feet making the wooden floor creak every time he took a step. His playful whistle tones, how the door screeches every time he opens it and his smile that gave Celine shivers down her spine.

"Hello there, little dragon. How are you?" His baritone voice rang inside the room.

Clicking his tongue in disapproval as he took a step towards her, Celine was shaking in fear which made him widened his smile.

"I'm sure you're excited because I am." He added, gripped her hair making her look at him, "Oh, don't be sad. Don't blame me, you wouldn't experience this if it wasn't the color of your hair and eyes." He continued, "Blame it on the way you look, your parents for giving you those traits."

He harshly let her go, Celine moaned in pain, her body screaming from the exhaustion and from the constant pain she experienced, tears began to fall as she heard the metal whip the man carried with him.

"Don't cry, let's just enjoy this shall we?"

Inhaling a sharp breath as the first touch of the whip hit her back. Then comes the second, third, fourth, and the man continued whipping her countless times. 

"Come on, little dragon. Scream. Let me hear you." He said and brought another blow to her back.

"SCREAM!"

Tasting the metallic flavor on her lips, the man stopped and let go of the whip as he took a step forward, standing in front of her.

"I said scream!"

And slapped Celine, unceasingly her tears flowed down her cheeks as the man pulled his breeches down, her eyes widened as she noticed the lust clouding his eyes. Shaking her head, she tried to escape but only the rattling of the chains and the lewd sounds coming from the man echoed inside the room.

"Please." Celine whispered, begging to the man.

"Daena."

"Please, stop."

"Daena."

Jolting awake, she found herself inside her bedchamber in King's Landing and someone holding her.

"Let go of me! Let go of me! Please no more! No more!"

Rhaenyra was shocked to see her and avert her eyes towards Daemon. Celine started to grip her hair tightly, pulling it harshly and began scratching her arms unconsciously as if she was disgusted by herself. Daemon immediately moved and held her hand, stopping her.

"Please, no more. Kill me instead, please."

Celine continued to mumble and Rhaenyra looked at her, she swore she heard her heart break seeing Celine – no, Daena, as she was certain she was her Daena, her firstborn, her daughter she longed to find.

Daemon hugged the sobbing Celine, rage filled him as he saw her crying and begging as if she was traumatized at what happened to her. And his feeling of protecting her increased as he witnessed her being vulnerable despite what she portrayed at the tournament as a strong and brave girl.

Daemon patted her head, gently, and quietly hummed a tune to somehow help her calm down, averting his eyes towards his wife who was wiping her tear-soaked cheeks. He slowly rocked his body as he felt her lean towards him and her breathing became even indicating she was already asleep.

"My sweet girl." Rhaenyra mumbled, Daemon gently placed Celine down on her bed.

Rhaenyra sat down beside Celine, staring at her longingly.

"She barely even touch her food." Daemon stated, looking at the food on the table.

"What happened to you, my darling?" Rhaenyra muttered and grabbed Celine's hand, placing a light kiss on the back of her hand.

"We're not even certain if she's really i..."

"She's my daughter, Daemon. I know it. I feel it, she's my Daena. She even has mother's eyes." Rhaenyra interrupted him.

Daemon exhaled a sigh, nodded his head as he gave up. Rhaenyra was a stubborn woman that he knew very much.

"Let her sleep, love. We must let her rest." Daemon muttered.

"I don't want to leave her." Rhaenyra replied.

"We will not." Daemon answered, holding out his hand. Rhaenyra heaved a sigh and placed her hand to his. Daemon pulled her up and placed a kiss on her temple as they left Celine's chambers and went to theirs.

Celine opened her eyes as the sun peeked through her window. She got up and sat down on her bed, looking down to her arms, red marks in the form of someone scratching were visible.

She knew very well that another nightmare, that that nightmare visited her once more. Haunting her life. As the door opened, snapping her back to reality. There, Prince Lucerys and Prince Jacaerys were standing with their hands on their back.

Celine stood up but was immediately assisted by Lucerys when she almost fell, "Did you sleep?" He asked, worriedly.

"I slept." Celine answered.

"We brought you your breakfast."

The three of them looked up as Rhaenyra walked in holding a tray, Jacaerys helped her mother, placing it on the table. Rhaenyra smiled at Jacaerys, thanked him and walked towards Celine.

"Princess." Celine greeted and bowed.

Rhaenyra's gaze saddened as she looked at her daughter, the boys immediately noticed this and took action.

"Let's have breakfast, mother. Lady Stark." Lucerys said, Celine looked at him and furrowed her eyebrows.

Celine opened her mouth but no sound came out, "We insist, there's more joy when more people eat at once." Lucerys added.

Unconsciously, Celine placed a hand to his cheeks, Lucerys was shocked and eventually blushed at her touch.

"Sweet boy. Thank you, Prince Lucerys." Celine stated.

"Luke." He replied, which earned a confused look from Celine, "Call me, Luke." He added.

Celine chuckled, "Is that an order?" She teased.

"No." Lucerys immediately answered, shaking his head, Celine laughed finding him adorable, noticing the shade of pink on his cheeks. Rhaenyra smiled at the interaction of the two, at her children.

"Then, are we already friends for you to bestow me with such honor to call you by that name?" Celine added.

"Of course." Lucerys answered, Celine giggled and placed a kiss on his temple.

"Thank you, Luke." She replied, looked him in the eyes and smiled which Lucerys gladly returned. Ignoring how his blush deepened.

The four of them sat down and ate their breakfast. It was awkward at first, but they eventually managed to feel comfortable towards each other and Celine even met Rhaenyra's youngest, Prince Joffrey. Rhaenyra never missed how her eyes lit up with excitement as Lucerys and Jacaerys invited her to join them to visit their dragons.