Chapter 27

Celine was inside her room when a knock caught her attention, furrowing her eyebrows, she approached the door and opened it. Surprised to see Harold standing behind it.

"Harold, what do I owe such an honorable presence?"

The knight laughed and shook his head, "I have something to give you." He said.

Celine hummed and nodded her head. Opened the door wider, enough for him to get inside, closing the door behind her.

"What is it?" Celine asked.

Harold turned around, facing her and stepped forward, "Give me your hand." He stated to which Celine did.

"You're making me nervous for no reason." Celine muttered, Harold placed his big hand into her small one.

Celine felt something cold touch her palm, looking down, her eyes immediately saddened as soon as she recognized what it was.

"I'm sorry for only giving this to you now, but Henry surely wants you to have it." He muttered and placed a simple white jade ring necklace on her palm.

A tear shed from Celine's eyes as she heard his name for it was so long since she heard that name. Harold patted her head, gently pulling her closer to him and gave Celine a hug.

"Thank you, Harold." Celine mumbled, her eyes never leaving the necklace.

"You're always welcome, lassie." He replied, broke the hug and placed a hand on her cheeks, "Just know that he'll always be guiding you and keep you safe." He added to which Celine nodded as Harold bid his goodbye and left.

Celine exhaled a breath, placed the necklace down on the small table near her bed and sat down on her bed, another knock from the door caught her attention. Celine got up and once again opened her door, a smile instantly appeared on her lips seeing Aemond standing there, patiently waiting for her. Lifting his head up as soon as he heard her chuckle, Aemond smirked and asked if he could come inside.

"Sure, though you already did come inside." Celine replied.

Aemond looked at her, confused for a second but laughed as soon as he realized what she meant. He shook his head as Celine opened the door and let him inside. His one-good eye immediately noticed the necklace on the table.

"Who gave that?" He asked.

Celine followed where he looked and smirked, "From Henry." She simply replied.

Aemond raised his eyebrow and averted his eyes towards Celine, he stepped towards her while Celine stared at him.

"Who is Henry?"

"My first love."

Aemond hummed and pulled Celine by her waist, placing a hand on her cheek and gently lifted her face, "You are officially betrothed to me." He said, leaning his face closer to hers.

"Did I already say yes to you? You didn't even ask me, Aemond." Celine replied, hearing Aemond grumbled and pulled her closer to him.

"Will you give me the honor of being by my side forever and be my Lady Wife, Daena Targaryen?"

"What if I say no?"

Aemond's eyes instantly clouded with sadness as she heard what Celine said. Celine stared at him for a few minutes and laughed, placing a hand to his face, her thumbs caressing his cheeks as she stared at his one-good eye to which Aemond looked at her confusingly.

"Oh, Aemond dear. I already said that I love you. Henry was my first love, he died a decade ago."

Aemond hummed, closed his eyes and leaned towards her touch, "And I intend to be your last and forever." He mumbled.