Chapter 16

Celine was smiling, watching Jace and Helaena happily dancing with each other. Focusing her attention to the food served by the servants, Celine admits and will not deny that food is one of her weaknesses. Her eyes lit up with joy as she started to eat, Daemon and Rhaenyra looked at her fondly.

Music floats inside the room, along with laughter and inaudible conversations. Luke, Baela, and Rhaena decided to tease Celine, the three of them said something that made her roll her eyes, they were curious about her life and most of all if she has a lover.

"When do you plan to marry, Cel?" Luke asked, "I'm younger than you yet it seems like I will get married first." He added.

Celine clicked her tongue creating a tutting sound, "But I have more experience than you, dear Luke." She deadpan, Daemon who was near her turned his head towards Celine.

"Experience...? What do you mean by that, little warrior?" He asked. Luke, Baela, and Rhaena chuckled while Daemon squinted his eyes, waiting for his daughter's reply.

Celine shrugged her shoulders, popped a food inside her mouth and ate. Ignoring the scrutinizing stare from her father. Celine averts her eyes towards her grandsire, Viserys, although she didn't meet him not until now. She knew that he may not have been the best husband or father in the sense that he struggled to make hard decisions, Viserys was actually a pretty great king for the people of Westeros.

As their eyes met, Viserys gestured for her to come. Celine hesitated but obliged nonetheless, she stood up and approached him. Viserys was smiling at her, Celine stood beside him. She was shocked when he weakly reached for her hand.

"Daena." He called, Celine leaned closer while Rhaenyra moved her chair a little to the side to let Celine scoot closer to him, "You look so beautiful. So much that you resemble your mother and your grandmother." He added.

Celine smiled, "Thank you, Your Grace." She replied.

"I am your... grandsire, child. Feel free to call me grandfather." He stated.

"As you wish, grandfather." Celine muttered.

Viserys nodded his head and Celine went back to her seat, Daemon smiled at her and gave Celine a pat on her shoulder. Celine squeezed Daemon's hand seeing how worried he was for his brother. Viserys retreated early as Alicent called the knights and brought him back to his chambers, as he was groaning in pain and breathing heavily.

Celine raised her eyebrows as Luke chuckled seeing a pig placed right in front of Aemond. Now, she didn't know what happened between Aemond and the pig but it was enough to anger him and bang his fist on the table, standing up while glaring at Luke. Everyone went silent, even the music stopped to give the prince the chance to say whatever he wanted.

"I would like to give a tribute to my betrothed."

Celine was overjoyed that he finally has a betrothed and he'll finally stop pestering her, but after hearing his next words, "To my niece, Daena, who's my soon to be wife. To my soon Lady Wife." Her breath hitched as everyone looked at her.

Her eyes widened, she was also shocked, speechless at what he said and did not remember accepting any of his goddamn proposals. Aemond smirked while still lifting his cup.

"Final tribute. To the health of my nephews. Jace... Luke... and Joffrey. Each of them handsome, wise... hm... strong. Come... let us drain our cups to these three... strong boys."

Celine rolled her eyes and heaved a sigh.

"I dare you to say that again."

"Why? 'Twas only a compliment. Do you not think yourself strong?"

A curse escaped her lips when everything turned chaos, Jace punched Aemond who wasn't fazed at all and pushed Jace with enough force to make him fall over. Celine stood up and quickly grabbed Aegon who shoved Luke on the table. Rhaena held Baela and softly pushed her sister to the side. Celine asked if Luke was okay then averted her eyes to Jace who was manhandled by a knight.

"Release him." Celine ordered which the knight immediately obliged.

Celine walked towards Jace and tried her best to calm both of them down. Placing a hand each in front of them when she sensed that they wanted to attack Aemond. Hissing in pain as Jace stepped forward, Celine felt something prick her hand and liquid run through her fingers. Celine ignored it and held Luke.

"Wait, wait!" Daemon said, causing Jace to halt and step back.

"Go to your quarters. All of you go, now." Rhaenyra ordered.

Daemon faced Aemond and sighed.

Jace, Luke, Baela, and Rhaena were inside her room, they were checking her bleeding hand and were hesitant to leave her.

"I'm okay." Celine said for the nth time every time she hears Jace say an apology. He was blaming himself for injuring Celine, "If I hear another apology coming out from your mouth, I swear Jace you'll have no tongue in the morrow." She stated, causing Jace to completely shut his mouth.

The bleeding eventually stopped, the wound was not that deep that needed stitches. Celine managed to send the four of them away and go back to their own chambers to have some rest. Groaning in pain, a knock from the door caught her attention. Rolling her eyes, she wasn't in the mood to entertain humans right now, but managed to pull herself up when she heard Daemon's voice. Letting himself in, the moment Celine uttered a come in, he immediately checked her hands.

"I can manage it. Thank you but really, no need to worry. It's just a small wound and I just happen to have lots of blood to waste. I've gone through worse than this."

"Is it true that you'll marry that one-eyed cunt?"

"He only said those to anger Luke and Jace. I won't marry him even if I'm already in seven hells."

"I believe you."

"As you should."

Daemon chuckled, shaking his head and placed a kiss on her temple after he deemed she was okay and her injury wasn't that serious. He bid his goodbye, said goodnight to her, and left.

As soon as Celine sensed that no one was around, she tightly wrapped her hand with a cloth and changed her dress with trousers and tunic, she grabbed a cloak and covered herself. Sneaking through the secret tunnels Daemon told her about. She left the castle and managed to slip away unnoticed.

Arriving at the brick house, the woman was looking out of a building as a cloaked figure below hurries toward her, the one she expects to come tonight. She turned around to meet her at the steps of the stairs.

"It's been quite a night at the castle, it seems." She muttered.

"Chaotic." Celine replied and removed her cloak, her eyes meeting the woman wearing a white dress with blue scarf over her shoulders and her hair neatly styled in a bun. And her neck and ears adored with gold jewelries.

"Celine, good to see you again."

"Mysaria, beautiful as always."

Mysaria smiled, "You really are his daughter. You know how to enchant others with just words." She muttered.

"I guess so, given I came from his semen." Celine replied, earning a chuckle from her.

Mysaria noticed her hand wrapped in cloth, "What happened to your hand?" She asked, worriedly, and gently held Celine's hand to hers, examining it. 

Celine sighed, "Just a small cut, no worries it won't kill me. Now, tell me everything you know. I want the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." She added.

Mysaria gave Celine a smile, softly grabbed her cloak and let her sit and gave her a glass of wine, "As you wish, sweetling." She replied and started to talk about everything – from the scandal of her parents until the recent secret she procured.

Thank you so much for reading my story. I was really enjoying writing this one that I couldn't stop thinking of what will happen next. Should I write a tragic or happy ending? But lately I'm in a mood for some tragedy, let's just see how the story goes. Stay safe and enjoy :'>