Chapter 23.

Lily POV

I woke up quite early but even at that, Kieran was no where in sight. I showered and wore a white camisole with a faded blue jeans and a light grey knitted cardigan. I packed my hair into a neat bun before heading out.

I was planning on visiting mum today since it has been a while

I got David to drop me off before returning back because I would likely sleep over here.

I knocked and waited until mom showed up at the door in her black robe and messy hair.

Where I got my sleeping genes from.

"Hey mum. Hope I didn't wake you up" I said quickly as I made my way into the house.

"Not that it will change anything" she chuckled before going upstairs probably to her room.

My feet made its way to the back door window and a shiver went through my spine. I stared into the forest for quite some time. I felt drawn to it and also felt like someone was just there watching me.

"What are you doing back there" mom said from behind me making me jump a little. "Are you alright".

"Yeah, it's nothing. Breakfast time" I said sounding quite off.

"Off to the kitchen" mom said leaving me there. I followed her and she made herself some coffee while I made some toast and bacon with some scrambled eggs.

"want some?" I asked her offering some eggs but she just shook her head.

"I'm fine, on a diet"

"Since when mom" I was surprised

"I'm just kidding. In the mood for only coffee". I smiled before turning back to my breakfast.

"Mom, please don't tell me there is no milk in this house" I groaned with a slightly full mouth as I checked the fridge.

"I don't drink it so why buy it" mom said giggling.

"I swing by once in a while but I won't anymore since there is no milk" I joked pouring some apple juice for myself.

She laughed before going to the living room, I finished my food and washed out the plates before going to the living room too.

She was watching her usual kdrama while sipping on her coffee.

"Mum you're addicted" I stated as I sat next to her on the couch.

"And that's my problem, sweetie" her gaze never left the tv as she spoke.

I inwardly groaned before sliding to the ground. Trust me, I love kdramas but I have no clue what is going on in this one.

After sighing for 30 minutes and receiving mom's glare I left to my room where I stared at my phone till I fell asleep.