Chapter 45.

Dedicated to Elmacyril for being an amazing reader.

Lily POV

His calm expression was soothing me. How he tapped on steering wheel as we encountered a little traffic...

"You look very happy" his voice rang in the car, mind you we are currently on our way back to the palace.

"Because I am. How was it, the visit I mean"

"It was definitely something I haven't experienced before, the warmth and love. Now I understand why you felt the way you did. You're used to that joyous home"

"Well, my mom and I made the most of it."

"But it's still something" I heard him mumble. "I heard you introduce me to your dad as your mate?"

I nodded my head until I remembered he didn't know my parents know about everything. "Yeah?"

"they know?"

"Yeah, they do. I sorry for not telling you but they were bound to know especially my mom who has a close bond with me"

He shook his head lightly as he started driving again "it doesn't matter. It made things much easier and that reminds me, your checkup will be at 4:30pm this evening, no more excuses"

I let out a short chuckle and shrugged my shoulders "sure".

We pulled up in front of the palace, Ryan and Andrew waiting in front probably to give him the reports from yesterday.

"Hey!" I said making my way out of the car.

"Lily, good to see you looking much better"

"hey Li, did you have a nice time together?"

Ryan and Andrew asked me in unison.

I sent them a smile, "thanks Ryan and Andrew, I did have a good time with Kieran"

Kieran walked up to us and gently grabbed my hand tugging me inside, "see you guys later" I said giggling until I finally met up to Kieran's pace. "What's with the rush?"

"You need to have your siesta before we leave"

"I'm totally alright, I don't feel like I need a siesta". I said trying not to sound whiny.

"Rest before the doctor's appointment is what we agreed, please don't be to hard to handle"

"I'm not a child"

"Doctor's appointment?" we both turned to see Madi coming down the stairs. "Chica, aren't you okay, I didn't know you were ill, again".

I silently groaned and mentally facepalmed myself. "I'm not sick or ill, just going for the usual check up"

Kieran gave me a questioning look as to why I didn't just tell her the truth but until I'm hundred percent sure. My parents being the only exception.

"Madi, I'll catch up to you later and explain everything but we have to get going right now"

Her face scrunched up into a frown, "did I do something wrong?"

"No, I'm just trying to think things straight with everything going on"

"Is it about you and Kieran, come-on, I'm supposed to be your best friend but how can I if you're not telling me anything about you." her eyes glistening with tears.

Oh come on!

I turned to Kieran and with a single eye gesture, he shockingly kissed my forehead before going upstairs.