Chapter 49.

Lily POV

Three dresses in one day is definitely not my type but the things I have to do...

"Madi, you're sure this doesn't make me look a little plump?" I said glancing at the mirror in my coronation dress one last time.

"You look great, you lost all that fat like 5 months ago. You're just feeling nervous about tomorrow and you'll be fine." Madi said smoothening the dress and holding my shoulders.

I smiled and went to the closet to change out of the clothes. I came out in my pjs ready for bed. Amanda was already under the covers yawning.

She was asleep within the next minute. I was about to also do the same when I heard that familiar cry.

My world, my angel, my son and my Tobias Orion Everette.

I picked him up from where he slept off and almost immediately he stopped crying just staring at me and I knew what that look meant.

Leave me and I'll scream my guts out.

This naughty boy

"Tobias, mamma needs to sleep for tomorrow. I should have dropped you off with your dad... Well it's never too late." I fed him before leaving the room.

I wore my robe and headed towards Kieran's office with Tobias in his crib and lots of blankets.

I reached his office and heard yelling on the inside, I knocked and heard his hoarse voice from inside, "come in"

I knocked again and I heard footsteps heading towards the door which made me hide behind a pillar. I know my scent would give me away but I didn't want to think about it.

Not up to five minutes later, the superior patrol guards, Ryan and Andrew came out of the office looking very much relieved.

"I sure owe you one, Li" Drew said ruffling my hair. As the gamma, Andrew's main area of expertise is the security of the pack so any breach and he'll be held responsible.

I smiled trying to arrange my hair, "and what did I save you from this time"

"Oh it's nothing"

"Nope, I deserve to know".

"Fine, more leech attacks and Kieran came across the mutant again and boy is he worried about everyone" he whispered the last part.

And now even I don't have a good feeling about this discovery.

"there's no need to start worrying yourself, do you want Kieran to kill me"

That made me laugh. "Of course not. Say hi to Alexis and my little princess" I said hugging him "oh and Ryan, Madi is in my room...see you guys tomorrow" I said leaving for Kieran's office.

I decided to just go there instead of going back to bed. I quietly entered the office and my heart clenched with warmth with the sight before me.

Kieran was carrying Tobias with his head buried in Kieran's neck as Kieran walked around his office mumbling something.

Kieran POV

"Sixth leech in less than two weeks? Are you guys slacking or what" I asked angrily.

I honestly felt very worried about Moonshine and Tobias' safety. And now a day before one of the most important days of my life, I came across this mutant again while on a run and it just disappeared before I could catch up to it, leaving no scent or trail.

"I really feel like it's an inside job. Someone is helping them gain access"

"And who grants access except from three of us..."