Chapter 37.

Lily POV

I stared at him with wide eyes, shock evident in them.

There shouldn't be any trial

I'm Kieran's mate

I'm not fucking prepared for any trial

No, no, no, this can't be happening.

"Are you done" Reina said in a disappointed tone.

"Reina, did you hear the news. We are fucked up, badly" I was panicking seriously

I couldn't fight anyone and win without my power not to talk of a freaking werewolf

"You're a freaking werewolf and hello! I thought we were a team" she grumbled.

"I'm so..."

I trailed off when I felt someone tap my shoulders continuously.

I snapped my eyes at the culprit to see Drew staring intensely at me. "Li, be honest, are you okay?" he asked still staring into my eyes.

"Yeah?"

"it's...just...your...ey...nevermind let's go"

I nodded and followed him silently until I was barrelled into. I stumbled a little due to my werewolf stamina I didn't fail to the ground and this certainly didn't go unnoticed by Drew.

I ignored him and turned to see Madi panting seriously with her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath.

"Chica...I just...heard...of a...trial...a trial...a trial...hold on one second...I literally had to run from...the palace...looking...everywhere...for you... Oh boy,...shoutout to Reina. She fucking does this everyday and doesn't look worn out. I'll be...easy on her...next time" Madi finally finished her lamentation and stood up straight and turned deathly pale after seeing Andrew and my disappointed look.

Her hand immediately went to her mouth and her eyes widened. The sight was quite cute if Andrew didn't talk.

"Who's Reina?"

Madi passed me a look asking me to help her out. I rolled my eyes playfully before answering "A friend from the gym".

He stared at both of us before shrugging and we continued walking.

"What are you going to do?" Madi whispered but I knew Andrew was obviously eavesdropping.

"Try and win this shit. Call mum" I said mouthing the last part to her.

She nodded before parting ways with me.

I looked around the deserted part of the pack land we just entered, I was looking around confused and almost entered a ditch.

We finally stopped at what looked like a show box in a stadium. The council members were piled  up in it. The division within the Council members were so clearly and in the middle sat the one and only Kieran Everette.

"You are present here today for the trial. The rules are simple; You can cheat. The winner gets to be not only Kieran's mate but the queen of the whole werewolf race." Malford screechy voice yelled. "The trial before us is between Liliana Daphne Blackburn and Avalon Witchburn. You are both strong and talented to have a chance to compete in this chance, may..." he trailed off after hearing my scoff.

Passing a hard glare my way, he cleared his throat before talking "What was that? You know you have the option to leave..."

"No, this is me not having the option to do anything because if I had an option, you wouldn't be seated there. You wouldn't exist at this very moment. So just get on with it" I said directly at him. I felt Kieran's stare from the side of my eyes but I ignored it.