Chapter 25.

Lily POV

My sleep comprised of me tossing and turning a lot, sign that I wasn't having a good dream.

Right when I jolted up from the bed, I met the face of the mutant that has been causing me my nightmares right in front of me looking at me with pure hate and disgust. I was frozen in shock and confusion.

Was I still dreaming?

The mutant made no effort to move. It just stood there glaring at me. I wanted to scream but nothing came out.

Kieran must have felt my discomfort because he woke up and shook me lightly. I turned to face him and when I turned back the room was empty.

"Kieran, tell me you saw what I saw" I mumbled in my palms that covered my face.

"And what did you see" his voice was deep and husky from just waking up and it slightly distracted me from my problem.

I shook my head trying to focus. "There was a creature here. Right here" I said pointing to my bedside it was standing. "You didn't see it, did you?"

"Moonshine, are you sure of what you saw. You sure it wasn't in your dream" he asked stroking my hair.

I didn't say anything as I slid out of the bed and headed straight to the bathroom to wash my face and it was now my vocal cord functioned well, because I let out a loud scream when the creature was also at the bathroom window staring at me.

Kieran came running in but like before, he didn't see anything. He took me back to bed and I clinged unto him closing my eyes in fear. I was glad when he didn't complain.

I didn't get a wink of sleep after that so by 6am, I jumped out of the bed and headed to the closet. I got out my pink sweatpant and a white long sleeve top. I went to the bathroom, scanning it before I went in. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before changing into my jogging attire.

As I proceeded to leave the bathroom, I saw Kieran standing by the door frame looking at me then at the bathroom clock then back at me

"Okay?" Was all he said.

"I'm going out to jog"

"My question now is, why?" his hands now stuffed into his sweatpants pocket.

"...it tends to help me clear my mind" I said packing my hair into a ponytail before leaving the bathroom to get my vans.

"It's too early to go and jog" he said standing at the end of the bed as I sat down to tie the lace of my vans.

"I can't stay here. Especially right now, I need fresh air and exercise" I said trying to convince him by using the word 'exercise'.

"Then do yoga on the balcony, it's wide enough"

What the heck, dude. Let me jog in peace.

"I don't do yoga, Kieran" I said in a duh tone since I already told him this some time ago.