Chapter 35.

Kieran POV

Empty

That's the best word to use and describe me right now. Never in my life have I felt like this. I thought drowning myself the office workload would distract me from the painful ache in me but nothing worked.

Rex was in more control than I have ever let him have and he has been silence and sinister since she left.

I took a shot of the whiskey in front of me and after a while, I drank straight from the bottle not stopping until it was half empty.

I ran my hand through my hair in frustration. A notification came from phone, something I haven't touched since that day.

One look at the screen and I knew I just fucked up. Staring at my wallpaper which was a candid picture I took of her, I felt pain. I felt my canines elongate and my eyes darkened and my nails elongate into claws.

She hasn't rejected me and I already feel like this

I passed the mirror that was hung by the corner of the office. One glance at it and my fist made contact with the mirror.

A monster was staring back at me. Who in their right senses would want to be with me?

"Our mate. Liana wanted us more than anything. All she asked in return was for you to reciprocate those fucking feeling." Rex responded growling.

"Well she left, all because of me. Because I'm a monster who was so selfish to pull her into this world of ours even though she never asked me too".

"she never saw us as monsters"

I heard a knock and took a deep breath calming myself down. I opened the door and Ryan entered "Amanda is gone, I haven't seen her for a week and her phone is turned off"

"She will be back when she wants to"

"Well Kieran, I'm not like you whose mate goes missing and I do not about it except mope around. Keep this up and you will lose her for good".

I growled fiercely at him "Don't you dare"

I was storming over to him when I felt someone's arm wrap around hand pulling me back.

"Kieran, you don't want to do this"

Turning I saw one of the most irritating person in my life currently. I wrapped my hand around her neck lifting her up in air.

She tried breaking through by hitting my hand but Rex gave her the most sinister grin.

"What the fuck dude" Ryan yelled approaching me.

Concentrating on my prey Rex said "You feel that..." I waited for a response from her and I was quite satisfied with the nod I got from her "that's how my mate feels currently"

I saw as she was beginning to turn pale and when I finally gained control back from Rex, I let her drop to the floor ungracefully, trying to catch her breath.