Chapter 27.

Lily POV

"Have you checked in that row" Lexi asked Amanda grabbing another book from the shelf close to her.

"Yea, Lexi. Where do you think I got this books"

"Guys, there is nothing here"

"Good thing we have these" Lexi said dropping all the books in her arms.

We are currently in the local library trying to figure out who my dad actually is, we opted out from the internet option since it was a dead end.

We were searching for all the family history books and I thought it would be easier since both of my parents were born and raised here but boy was I wrong.

They didn't exist in any of the books I've checked so far. I couldn't even...

Arrgh

This was so frustrating.

"Lily, calm down. I can already feel the annoyance steam pouring off you. We will find something, sooner or later. Now let's get back to searching" Lexi told me going to her seat and continued to search the thick books that looked older that her.

We fell into silence as everyone was focusing on tracking down the Blackburn family tree.

"I found something?" Amanda said loudly more like asked as she had a confused look on her face.

"What is it?" Lexi and I asked in unison

"The Blackburn family tree doesn't exist her because your father must have relocated here-but even at that he doesn't exist-and he married your mom. Your dad only appeared once as the husband of your mom probably due to their marriage certificate. Your mom however quite a large family tree."

"The conclusion"

"Your dad must be probably be an undercover agent who faked everything... even his own name" she concluded

She had me, then lost me at the whole undercover stuff.

If that was the case, I doubt he would have been gone for this long

"What next? I'm not really his daughter and mom was paid to pay along" I said sarcastically.

"Lily" Lexi said stretching the last two letters of my name.

"We should probably round off and head back. I'm tired" I muttered closing all the books in front of me.

I was heading back to the shelves when I bumped into someone making me drop all the books in my hand. I looked up and saw Dylan.

Been quite long.

"Hey stranger" Dylan said helping me pick up my books and I couldn't help but smile.

"You disappeared from the face of the earth and finally graced me with your presence, what's the gist" I said laughing lightly.

I looked over my shoulder to see Lexi and Madi still reading through the books.

"Family stuff plus since Amanda and you moved out of your apartment to who knows where without informing me, I lost contact"

"You have my number, Dy" I said sarcastically.

"I lost that phone so I was back to square one." he reasoned out.

Always have perfect excuses.

"Amanda moved in with her boyfriend so did I". I said.

"You're still with that Kieran dude"

"Yep"