Chapter 44.

Dedicated to Dreambig2005

Lily POV

Waking up in this room was a time I didn't look forward to. Waking up in an empty bed was a sad thing when you had a partner.

My hands found its way to my face, trying to get rid of the sleep traces on my face.

Opening my eyes I wasn't expecting to see those set of familiar blue orbs. I blinked a couple times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating but he was for sure there.

I'm sure I had a confused expression on my face because his small smile soon turned to a frown.

"What?"

I sat up still looking at him, "are you alright? Feeling ill?"

Now, he had the confused expression on his face "what? Of course I'm alright. What's the problem"

"nothing actually. Just surprised... that you're here" I said my tone descending towards the end.

His frown was more livid now, "Moonshine, I never knew I hurt you this bad. I'm truly sorry. I'm trying...my best. I don't think I can ever make it up to you but I'll try" he said clutching unto both of my cheeks softly, staring at me dead in the eye.

My eyes stung with tears but I held it back. Today isn't starting with tears.

I hugged him and we stayed in a comfortable silence before pulling away. "How long were you awake for?" I said resting my head on his chest.

"4 hours"

"4 hours?"

"Have you seen the time? It's 10:09am"

"Oh my! Don't tell me you were just laying there and watching me sleep cause that's some creepy shit" I said with a laugh.

"Actually did for like an hour, then I took the pack on a run and training before coming back to take a shower and returning back to bed"

I raised my head to look at him with an amused look "how did it feel?"

"Honestly?"

"Honestly"

"Weird. It felt very weird"

I laughed before getting up from the bed and heading to the bathroom. Looking through the cabinet, I found a pack of new toothbrush, I brushed my teeth and entered the shower to bathe. While scrubbing my body, my hand reached my stomach and stayed there. It was still unbelievable that I'm going to have a child in a matter of months.

A smile made its way to my face as I finished showering. I came out of the bathroom with a towel and headed straight to the closet only to remember that I had packed my clothes up and they were currently in the trunk of my car.

I poked my head out, looking at Kieran who was typing on his laptop. "Kieran" I said quietly but enough for him to focus his attention on me. "My clothes..."

"Oh! right." his eyes glazed over for some seconds before returning back to normal. "It will be up in a second... or do you just need one to wear now...I can tell Amanda to get..."

"Just tell them to bring the boxes up" I cut him off but what I said made him relieved.

There was a knock on the door, Kieran went to answer it but opened it just a little and told them to drop the boxes and leave.

I gave him a confused look as to why he couldn't just let them drop it in the room but one glance at the way he looked at me, I looked down and realized that I was still in my short towel.