Chapter 36.

Kieran POV

Her gaze was so cold, it sent shivers down my spine. It was like she didn't even know me. She walked past without sparing another glance at anyone with Amanda tailing after her.

The trial?

Will she want to do it

Has she given up

Rex kept on going on and on about all the pros and cons. But the most obvious thing I noticed was that, she wasn't the old Liliana anymore. Something was different about her but I couldn't pin point it.

I gave the council a cold glare before leaving to my office. I tried to figure out how to make everything right, fix it up but I always got to a dead end. I looked at the tempting bottle of Whiskey at my end of my table, trying hard to resist the urge.

I have to get my shit together!

I have never lost this amount of control over myself since I could differentiate between right and wrong.

I picked up the bottle and lodged it back into my wine cabinet. Immediately as I turned, I saw Andrew panting heavily, I raised an eyebrow at him before going back to my desk.

"What?"

"Li...li...li... Lily is ba...ba...back" he stuttered due to lack of breath

I turned on my laptop before looking back at him "And?" I asked

His eyes went wide like I suddenly grew a second head. "Lily is back man" he screamed.

I nodded my head "I know"

"What? You were like a zombie when she left and now she is back, you want to act so chill about it? That's messed up dude"

"I am glad she's back but that doesn't change what I said and did to her, she still needs time" I said busying myself with the files I found around.

I didn't leave my office till late at night. I honestly wasn't prepared to face her.

What if she moved out of our room?

What if she just came to pack up her stuff?

I groaned, pinching the bridge on my nose as I made my way to the room.

I opened the door and a strong quite familiar scent filled my nose. I looked around the room and saw her under the covers looking so beautiful with a pillow boundary separating the bed.

I guess we are back to square one.

I took a long shower, trying to relax my tensed muscles.

I got into bed and stayed still, I noticed as she stirred in her sleep. My hand inched closer to her face and before it could make contact with her skin, her eyes snapped open. It gave me a hard cold glare before turning to her side facing the window.

Fuck!

I had the worst sleep in forever. I decided to have a very early start of the day just to get my mind off all these stuff.

I made my way to my office and saw a tray of food on my desk. Knowing its probably Ryan's doing, I ate silently and just when I finished up, I was drawn to the window.

Looking out the window that overlooked the woods, I saw Amanda and Moonshine.

What in the world!!

It wasn't even up to 7am and those two were already up.

What are they up to?

Like my question was answered, I saw Moonshine take down a whole tree with her element.