Peter

I wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of a pencil scratching on paper. I open my eyes.
'I want to get back to sleep.'
     I see the girl, drawing on some paper, laid out on the floor.
'Maybe this is a good time to talk,' I think.
    I walk over to the girl, stepping over sleeping Avengers on the way. The cabin really isn't that big, so I'm close to her in a matter of a few steps. I tap on her shoulder, and she jumps up, fear in her eyes.
    "Hey," I say. "Hey, it's ok. I'm not going to hurt you." I know she can't hear me, so I try to show her that I'm not going to hurt her. I take a few steps back and sit down. I motioned to the notebook next to her, trying to tell her to pass it to me. She does, moving very slowly and watching my hand as I stick it out. It's finally in my hand, and she pulls her hand away fast.
"Since you say that you don't remember your name, we should try to make one for you. What do you think?" That seems like a good first question. I pass her back the notebook. Not too intrusive, not alarming or suspicious, nothing to worry her about.
She nods and starts to write. "I don't know any names. I only know one." I nod and start to think. "Mr. Stark told me that you created something powerful enough to create a supernova. Maybe that should be your name. Nova. What do you think?" I honestly loved the idea. It was such a cool and unique name. It would be perfect for her. She nods in response and looks up at me, searching my eyes for something.
"Have you ever watched Star Wars?" I write down. She looks down at the paper and gives me a confused look. "What about any TV show? You have to have watched something." She shakes her head again. She takes the paper and pencil and writes a response. This one shocks me. "What's a TV?" I look at her shocked, snatching the paper and pencil to give her an explanation. She honestly looks a bit scared with how fast I took it and leans closer to the wall. I write down an apology for scaring her and give her back what a tv is alongside it. She looks really interested as she read it. Then it's like a little light switched in her head. "I remember that. It was the day I woke up I saw one. I was on it and-" then she stops writing. There is a haunted look in her eyes which then turned glassy.
'What had happened that day?'
"Hey," I say. "It's fine. You're fine now." I write it down as well. I reach out to touch her shoulder, and she pulls away, hyperventilating. I can't touch her; she doesn't like that. Maybe I can distract her? I start to write again. "Do you want to see something fun on my phone?" She looks up for a moment and nods curiously. I pull it out, and go put "the rise of sky Walker," my favorite movie. I put on closed captioning so she can understand.
We sit like that for the entire movie, with us many feet apart as she watches the phone screen in amazement. The movie finishes, and I look up at her. It's almost like someone turned on a little light in her eyes. "What do you think?" She looks up from the paper and back at me. Then she gives me a small smile. The first one I have ever seen from her.

"Hey, Karen," I ask my AI. "What time is it?" Karen's voice sounds through my suit. "It is 1: 45 AM, Peter. I recommend you get back to bed." I sigh. "Yeah, yeah, I'll sleep later," I respond. Nova looks at me confused, but I just shake my head.

'Why would she need to know about Karen right now?'

"So," I write. "Why are your cloths so bloody. Just like this whole place. Are you hurt?" If she is, I'm sure Bruce could help her out. She just pulls herself tighter in a ball and edges away from me. "I don't want to talk about it." And I understand, but why can't she just tell me what's going on? Why can't she just trust us? I nod and look away. The drawing she was working on lays by her flipped. I point at it, and she shows it to me. I feel my face turn pale with shock. It's the lake we were at but... it's the exact scene that we arrived to. The lake evaporated, the trees and plants burning and dry. But instead of us there, it was a picture of her, just sitting next to it. She writes. "This was today. Don't ask." She flinches as she remembers something from earlier that day. My hand instinctively raises to help her, but I remember how just a few hours ago she didn't like that idea.

"Why don't you go to sleep?" I ask. She really couldn't be thinking of staying up all night. If she really is hurt... "Nightmares," she replies. I nod. "I'm tired, my name is Peter by the way." I write. I stand up and wave at her, then go back to the couch to sleep.

I hope she's ok. But she keeps watching all of us.

'Please be ok.'

A/N: I know this is a short chapter, but I thought this chapter could stand to serve as an intro to the characters when they are around each other. Sooooooooooooo, yeah. Tmr is school for me. (ik ik I wanted winter break to last forever) Wish me luck on the midterm I missed. Bye!!!!!!