Peter

I finally land when Nova motions for me to the ground near a barn. Or do I call her Sam now? I really need to talk with her when all of this is over. And having another person like her in this universe? They won't be able to stay for long.

I try to give Nova- or Sam- a moment to stand, but her legs give out. I place her down against the barn door to properly look at her. Her face is pale in contrast to the dark heavy bags which circle her eyes. Speaking of her eyes, they're sorta glassy and distant. If I didn't know better, I would have thought she was dead.

"Are you ok?" I sign to her. "You don't have to do this. I can do it." She's in no condition to do this. But if she wants to do this, then I suppose I could help her.

I lift up Nova with one hand, and open the door with the other. It's dark inside, but I can make out a figure sleeping in the pile of hay.

"Hello!" I say. "Sorry to come in without warning. My sister wanted to see you. Is that ok?" A rustling sound comes from in front of me.

"Actually," a hoarse voice says. "I wanted to see her." He knows about her? I walk slowly to the figure on the hay, and realize what I'm seeing. It's a boy around our age. He's clutching a wound around his stomach, and his smile is bent with pain.

I gotta help him. I walk quickly next to him and set down Nova. "It's good to meet the original freak. Can't wait to talk." I think he's talking to Nova. But original freak? What does he mean by that? I'll ask him later. "Don't call her a freak," I say, annoyed. That's not her name anymore.

Nova raises a hand, and water starts to collect in the air and inch away from her palm. She takes it and places it over his wound. Then the water disappears into this air.
"I have to return it when I'm done," she signed to Peter whenever he asked where it went. "The earth doesn't let me use its resources for free."

I take his hand off the large gunshot wound and web it up. It won't be able to bleed out anymore. His eyes widen slightly and his smile does too. "Looks like I'm not the only freak here." I roll my eyes at him.

He slowly edges his way up into a sitting position against the hay, and I go close to Nova. She usually gets cold after using her powers, and her suits heater isn't working. I let some of the nano-suit Mr. Stark made me go to her. Although my thermoregulation isn't the best, she needs it more right now. She falls asleep on my shoulder not a moment later.

"What's going on?" I ask him. "What did you mean by original? And why where you shot?" I have a billion more questions to ask, but these are enough for now. "She was the first freak on this Earth," he starts. "Don't call her a freak," I cut him off. He rolls him eyes at me. "We're all freaks here. It's fine." Only it's not for me. "And so," he continues, "when they captured her, they ran tests. Wanted to know what made her do what she does, and replicate it. They needed a test subject. Maybe around her age, just in case. They found me. Their tests worked, but I got different... abilities. I used them to destroy their work and escape. Came back to my home they destroyed," he motions around the old barn. "Didn't think they would ever expect me back in the place this nightmare started in. I got shot trying to steal a pack of cigars." I furrow my eyebrows.

"I'm this universe, are you able to have. Them at your age? Cause I'm mine you have to be a bit older," I say to him. He laughs. "I'm on the run from the government," he says. "I have bigger things to worry about than if I smoke."

His words are playful, but his eyes remain sad. "My turn to ask questions," he says. "What do you mean by your uni-" Nova's coughing fit cuts him off. It gets a bit worse, and I wake her up. Fir a moment, I think I see a bit of blood escape her lips, but that can't be right. "Hey, hey," I sign to her. "Are you okay?" She nods and holds up her hand, walking out of the barn for a moment. Maybe I should let her have some time alone. Not long, though. "Your universe," he finishes. "Nova. She brought us ti this universe. Me and my...family." It's weird to call the Avengers family, but that's what they are. "It was unsafe here so we brought her to ours. We wanted to bring you there too. It's a safer place for people like us."

"Freaks," he says. I roll my eyes again. "Can you please stop calling us freaks?" He laughs. This guy is annoying me. "That's just what we are. No trying to deny it."

He pauses for a few moments, and almost starts to run when the barn door opens. But it's just Nova, and she's struggling to even walk to me. I stand up and help support her as she walks and sits down next to the boy. I know her powers make her feel physically bad, but this time I think she overdid it. I shouldn't have allowed her to push herself so hard.

Her eyes travel up to the boys eyes, and a blush develops on her pale face. Could she actually like this guy? That doesn't matter though.

"What's your name?" She signs. He looks at me confused. "Is she trying to cast a spell on me or something?" I pull her a little closer to me just in case. "It's called sign language. She wants to know your name."

His eyes go up for a moment and then back down, almost foggy. "There's a lot of things I don't remember. My name is one of them. When the people...when they take you, they take everything. Family, friends," he pauses for a moment once again. "Memories. That's why it was important for me to help Sam get her's back. If she remembered, she could come get me help. And it worked."

He was the reason Nova could remember? He got inside her mind? Nova rugs on my shirt. "We need to find them," she signs. May and Keller. "Then I can bring us all home." I shake my head. "No, you're already not feeling well. I'm not risking it," I sign. Her face becomes red with anger. "Risking what?" She asks. I decide to tell the truth. "I'm not going to risk loosing you!" I feel my eyes get hot, and she pulls me into a hug.

She's going to do this no matter what I say. Might as well go along.

"So," I sign and say, so they can both understand. "What do we do to catch these two?"
——————————————————
A/N: Hey guys! Keep sticking around cause I appreciate all of you! Byeee!