Stephen

"Keller and possibly May are both in this place. F.R.I.D.A.Y already scanned and mapped this place out right before we arrive so I know where the elevators to the core are. Peter and Strange, you find them. Or just find their plans. Or better, both. Bruce will stay here with Sunny until we need a code green, medic, or something computer based issue if the master is busy, aka, moi. Nat, Cap, and Clint will search the south side of this place first to see if anyone needs to be fought. Understood?" Tony finally finishes with his plan.

I don't usually participate with his Avenger stuff and I never really visited before. Nova changed that though. And I'm happy I spend time with them now. I wouldn't be in a relationship with Tony if it weren't for her. Speaking of Nova....

"What's going to happen to her? Will she too be left with Bruce?" I ask. Tony's eyes go up- as they always do when he thinks- and takes a quick glance at her.

"Take her with you."

He leads us through the many boxes which seem to be made of vibranium and a few cobwebs until we reach a huge mining shaft elevator also made of vibranium and two hallways on either side.

"I guess this is where we split up," says Nat as she looks up to Steve.

"Remember to be careful; the multiverse is at stake here," Steve replies.

We all go our separate ways. And I'm convinced that May and Keller are at the bottom of this pit looking thing. That would lead to the core where the power is being amplified and where there the machine is most likely to be.

"Come," I say to Peter and Nova. I forget Nova isn't wearing her sound processor and motion for her to follow me. I see how nervous they both look but they try to hide it.

I take a careful step into the rusty old vibranium elevator shaft and press the button to take us to the bottom after Peter and Nova get in.

It's so hot in here. It makes sense with how close we are to the core.

We get off the elevator and into a large room which is lined with buttons on a control board with screens. Similar to the first room upstairs. The difference is that there's a what looks like the same multiverse machine which brought us to Nova's universe but about ten times larger with her necklace powering it, and one of the walls of the room is now an extremely strong glass. Almost like a window. I know it's extremely strong because of what is on the other side of this glass wall is the Earths core. It's amazing.

There's one more thing in the room. Or should I say, person.

"Keller..." I hear Peter say. I look over my shoulder to see his red face and balled up fists.

"Peter. Nova." He turns to me. "Guy with a cape. Nice to see you all again," he says sarcastically.

Peter starts walking to him and I have to hold him back.

"Peter, you need to stay cal-" he cuts me off.

"Where is May? Tell me where she is. I want to see her. I need to see her."

Keller simply chuckles and lights a cigar.

"She's dead. She told you the radioactivity from Nova's first 'multiverse outbreak' made her in a way sick. That Nova was her only way to get to a universe with a cure. You knew this would happen. She's gone."

Peter gets out of Nova's grasp and charges at Keller. Keller turns on the machine just as Peter pushes him to the ground and starts to punch him viciously.

I'm about to try and contain the outburst the machine is having. An alarm and a red light goes off in the room.

"Warning. Warning. Core is unstable. Major explosion predicted in: 5 minutes."

I try my best to use one of my shields to encase the machine. But it's too powerful.

"Tony," I say over the little microphones he gave us to communicate. "Might want to hurry down here before the Earth and Multiverse start blowing up."

I hear blasts and yells in response.

"I'm a little busy with about over fifty guys up here. Deal with it."

I roll my eyes in response and try to cast another spell. Each time I try it throws me back against the wall. It's far too powerful. The already nearly incomprehensibly powerful energy which is stored in Nova's necklace is already one of the most powerful things in the multiverse. When it's amplified by the Earths core...it's unbeatable. I'm not even sure if Nova could handle the energy.

I hear a bloodcurdling scream. I look behind me to see Nova's knees buckling as she drops down to the floor with her arms crossed against her stomach as if trying to stop the pain.

She screams in pain as a large light emerges from her hands which are clutching her stomach. The power source glows harder in response.

"Strange!" I hear Tony yell on the intercom. "FRIDAY's telling me something about the...world blowing up? Tell me she's lying."

I shake my head and realize he can't see me. "No," I say. "She's not."

He goes silent before I hear him yell in anger.

I look at the power source, out of the window, and Nova. I realize what's going on. And how to stop all this.

The power source isn't really the power source. Yes, it's filled with energy which has been drawn from Nova, but it's still doing it, even though it's not touching her. And the more unstable she is, so is the other power-source, and the world in result. Novas the only one who can stop this. And I don't know if she could handle it. But the fate of the multiverse and world is unfortunately worth far more than a single life.

"Nova," I sign to her. "You're the only one who can stop this."

She shakes her head. "It's too powerful. I can't stop it."

I shake my head. She doesn't understand.

"You're right, you can't stop the machine. But here's what you have to do..."

The Avengers and I can stop the machine. But we can't do that if the world is busy exploding. That's what she has to stop.

She can control every element on this Earth and she's the one who has to keep all of it from blowing away. She has to pull everything in the Earth and keep the pieces together as they try to fall apart.

It's going to kill her. I know it is. But in the grand calculus of the multiverse, their sacrifice means more than her death. No matter how much it'll hurt me to see this happen.

"Come on, Nova," I say, "you can do it." I put a little spell on her which gives her power a little boost to start. It was the very thing I tried avoiding. But she needs it now. She needs to stop this.

Her jaw is clenching and her face is pale as she screams in pain. I can tell she's so close to activating it. Then the core explodes just as I give her final boost. She releases a bloodcurdling scream as her eyes start to glow so brightly that I'm afraid I may go blind. But I'm more afraid that the weight of the entire Earth is going to crush her before we can save everyone.

And just as the prices of the world start to fly away from the center, she pulls it all back. She has to until the moment we can stop the source of the explosion, aka her necklace. She has to hold the world.

But I don't think she can.