Tony: Three kids?! Not happening.

I wait in the car which is pulled up by the school. I figured that since it was the kids first day back I would actually show up for them. It's 1:59. In just one minute, a crowd of teens will come running out the door.

I look as a girl in the distance talks to a boy with her back to me. The boy doesn't look like he's in good condition. Long shaggy brown hair, bloody torn shirt. He looks familiar.

When the girl turns around, I see who it is. But then the crowd of teens run out the door and block my field of view. Ugh.

I see Peter on the stairs as Nova walks up to him, and he awkwardly leads her to the car.

"Underoos, how's your day?" Peter lands in the seat as he waves goodbye to Ned and MJ, Nova sitting in the backseat. Weird. Usually, Peter always sits with Nova in the back. They used to be inseparable. Even while she was in the coma. "It was good da- Mr. Stark."

I grin when he stumbles over his words like that. He can be such a cute kid. Which is why I have to protect him at all costs. Nova is a risk. But she's a risk I have to keep.

"How was your day?" I sign to Nova, turning around in the drivers seat to face her. She's not looking at me and looking out the window, blushing. I snap my fingers in her face to get her attention, startling her. She looks annoyed at me for that, but she chooses to not mention it.

"How was your day?" I repeat for her again. She gives me a small and short smile before looking out the window again.

I start the car and begin to drive to Morgans kindergarten. "We got to do so many things today Mr. Stark! It was so fun. I have first chair for trumpet in band, so that's fun..." Peter rambles on about his day and I listen. Him being happy makes me happy. He was so broken for so many months when May disappeared and Nova fell into a coma. He even became suicidal after... I can't say that. Can't think it, anyways. It broke me when it happened. Nova still doesn't know.

The Avengers have been helping me get through it.

I pull the car up to the front of the building as Peter quickly jumps out and gets inside. This has been our routine for a while. He comes out with Morgan on his shoulders laughing.

"Hey, Maguna. How was your first day?" She sits in her booster seat in the back row, opposite end to Nova. "It was good! I made so many friends, and we got to play a lot in the playground today!" She continues talking with Peter, giving a glance to Nova every once in a while.

We arrive at the compound. Peter runs out the door with Morgan as usual, but stops when he remembers that Nova is with him now.

She gets out of the car and speed walks past Peter, stopping a few moments later to catch her breath. "Need help?" I can see Peter sign to her as I park.

She shrugs his hand off her back and try's to continue walking, even though I can see how it hurts her to breathe. I'll have to talk to Bruce about that.

I get out of the car and step into the elevator with them while Nova presses herself into a corner like she's trying to get away from us. Peter grabs her hand in a way I've seen him do before. Usually it calms her. But she snatched her hand away and presses herself closer to the corner.

Peter looks away and heads to the opposite side of the elevator. "She just needs time. Alright Pete?" I place my hand on his shoulder and he looks up at me gratefully. "Alright Mr. Stark. Can we do a movie night tonight?" I ruffle his hair and plant a kiss on his forehead.

We all usually do something for each day of the week. Some days we have a slides night, and some days we all cook dinner together. It used to distract me from Pepper. But I suppose today we'll watch a movie. Both the kids love watching Lilo and Stitch, although Nova hasn't watched it yet. Maybe this would be a good bonding opportunity for us.