Nova

It all hurts. I want Peter. I want him to hold me and tell me that this is just another bad dream. But I feel the burning sensation worsen, and I pry open my tired eyes. It's a dark room, and I'm in a metal chair. Wires are connected to my head, wrists, and my chest. There's a needle in my skin, connected to an IV bag filled with a purple liquid, but it's yet to come out. The room is heavily protected, floors, walls, and ceiling are thick metal.

I try to get up and off this metal chair, but there are restraints also made of metal to keep me from doing that. My body still burns, and my arms are by far the worst of it. The skin is charred. The wrists are bloody. I close my eyes for a moment, to just breathe. I can't loose control here. It wouldn't be good. But I feel it escaping me anyways. It searches for water in the room; I'm too tired to search for any outside of it. But the air is too dry. Purposely dry. I reach down for the Earth. Maybe the concrete somewhere below me can be controlled. But the metal is so thick and far down, that I can't reach for it.

The wind picks up in the room, and a mini tornado starts. Streaks of fire glide on the wind, and then the TV comes on. Words are being typed onto there.
Hello. Please calm down, and we won't hurt you.
I try my best to calm down, to contain the power. The fire slowly makes its way back to me, and the wind dies down. Using my powers has a price, each specific for each type. Fire heats and burns me. Wind takes away my breath (literally) and I can nearly suffocate when using it. Water can almost freeze me. Earth can crush my bones. But that's only if I use them to a certain degree. But this was enough to leave me gasping as my skin continues to burn.

The fire tornado stops, and I can breathe.

You may be wondering where you are. Welcome back to HYDRA. Don't worry, you'll remember soon enough.

HYDRA? That place was the bad place. The place that wanted my power for traveling the multiverse. I didn't know there were more in this universe.

Let's begin. Test-1: Survivability

What? Before I even know what's going on, I feel a small electric shock run down my spine. Then another. The chair is electrifying me. It hurts. I scream at the top of my lungs, and I clutch the handles of the chair until my knuckles turn white. I clench my jaw until I'm certain that my teeth will break from the pressure. My eyes roll up and my burns feel terrible. I feel my power try to stop this, and the chairs metal start to melt. I look down at my arms. Burning red. I remember something Tony once signed to me.
"You know, Pepper once was tested on and her skin was glowing red when she used the... ability. She's fine now, though. Nearly gave me a heart attack when I thought she died."

Could this kill me? I could deal with fire torture, I could deal with being beat and being cut into. I got used to it. But being electrified was so much worse. It's taking all my energy not to cry from the electricity working it's way through my body, the way every part of my power tries to fight and free me. And I'm just trying to suppress it. Because behind those walls, I feel the blood and flesh of many people. And I want them. I want to tear them apart and watch the light in their eyes as they die. Not because they're hurting me. But because I like it. And that's one of the worst parts about me. And I have to keep that urge down. I don't want to kill. But I want to watch them die. I don't understand.

My vision blacks as I feel the heartbeats of two very familiar people.

Home.
——————————————————

Sam cries out as they electrify her. "Get your hands off of me!" She yells. "Get used to it. On the bright side, once we catch this other mutant," the man spits out the word like it's dirty, "you'll have a partner to scream with." She groans on the floor with a massive headache. "I'm right here," Nova signs to Sam. If only she could get closer. If only Sam could hear Nova, see Nova.