Peter

"Kid, wake up. School time," I hear Mr. Stark say to me. I groan. "Mr. Stark, I don't feel like going today," I say to him. I still get up though. "Alright. At least come down for breakfast." He leaves the room.

I look to the nightstand next to me. There's a picture of May and I smiling and hugging each other. Where is she now? Mr. Stark has been searching for her. But she hasn't showed up anywhere. If only we could, we would be able to see what went wrong.

I get up and to the shower, pulling off Mr. Starks AC/DC sweater and turning on the cold water. Just like her. My Novi. I really just want her to wake up already. Not only do I miss her, but I think she's having nightmares. Sometimes I walk into the room and see her sweating and whimpering. She says things like, "No, please go," under her breath. She's been getting more and more active, so Mr. Banner is taking that as a good sign. A sign for hope.

I get out the shower and put on another sweatshirt, then taking my phone to text Ned.
Peter: Hey Ned
Peter: wanted to let ya know I'm not coming today.
Ned: come on! Ur going to get in trouble if u keep skipping.
Peter: I just don't feel like it. Srry man.

I turn off my phone. Ned doesn't understand. Mr. Stark let's me skip school if I don't feel like it. I don't know why, but I'm grateful. There are some days I'm just not in the mood. I leave my bedroom and walk the hallway. Mr. Banner starts to run past me, shouting at Mr. Strange. "Come on! We have no time to waste!" They seem very rushed. "Excuse me, sir? What's going on?" Anxiety builds it's way through me. I squeeze my wrist hard.

They don't answer, but I know which way they're going. To Nova. I run with them, my speed fast enough to be waiting for them by her door. They open it fast, and I see why they needed to get to her. Her eyes are open. She's awake! I practically jump on her, engulfing her in a hug I've waited for eleven months. Her eyes are wide while mine are full of tears. "I missed you so much, Nova," I say into her hair. "Never scare me like that again." I don't care she can't hear me. I just care that's she's finally here.

"Peter," Mr. Banner starts. "Can we make sure she's okay?" He asks me. I nod and pull a chair up to her, taking her hand in my own. She tries to get off the ventilator, but Mr. Banner is more concerned with asking questions and other doctor stuff.

He stops pestering Nova, and I'm finally left alone with her. Well, not completely alone. Mr. Banner sits in the corner, making sure that she's alright. Before Mr, Strange left, he kissed her on the head. "We all missed you, kid." He had said. He's usually really cold. I was surprised he showed any emotion.

Nova has bags circling her eyes. They're so dim considering they used to be full of life. I stroke her hand as she squeezes mine. I look into her sunken in face and sigh. These past eleven months she's continued to deteriorate and loose weight. She was already underweight before.

She tries to remove the ventilator, and I keep her hands away from it. "No," I sign to her. "You still need it." Her fidgeting stops and she tries to sigh, but the tube in her throat which helps her breathe makes her choke on it instead. "What happened?" She signs. I can tell how tired she is by the way her signing seems like there's too much effort to hold her arms up.

I don't want to tell her. I know how she is and I don't want my first day back with her to be spent with her sulking. But she deserves to know the truth. I place her hand in my own and trace the lines of her palms. "You were in a coma," I sign after placing her hand in my lap. "For eleven months."

I watch as she tries her best to get up, to stand and walk away from this reality. But she can't. Her shaking withered limbs give out, and Mr. Banner has to come over to get her settled. She fights against him, using her already weak arms to fight his own. He gives her a sedative, and a moment later she's calm. Soon she'll be asleep. "What happened. After I fell asleep?" She signs to me. Her face starts to relax next.

"May and Keller got away," I sign to her. I watch as her face scrunches up a little, and I give her hand a gentle squeeze. "Sunny," I finger spell his name, "He ran away. Left a letter saying he never wanted to be confined again, or take that chance. We don't know where he is now." I leave out the fact that he left a letter for Nova as well. One with little hearts sketched on the inside.

Her face fully drops into a frown, and a single tear escapes her eye. I wipe it away. "Nonono," I sign to her. "I'm here. It'll be alright. I'm here." She looks to me with foggy eyes. Those were the same eyes which closed and didn't open for months. Those were the eyes that saw more things then she should have ever seen. Eyes which turned red and killed.

"Peter," she signs once more to me. "I want to sleep." I'm about to leave the room, when I remember she doesn't like to sleep alone. We used to sleep together every night. Just to make her feel safe. It made me feel safe too. And that's something I haven't felt in a while. I get in next to her as she hugs me.

"I guess I'll be leaving now," Mr. Banner says with a small smile on his lips. He thinks I don't know, but I can hear the rest of the Avengers breathing on the other side of the mirrored wall. I can hear the chuckles and the "aww's," and I don't mind. Because Nova's finally here.

"Welcome home," I whisper to her.

A/N: Hey! Hru? Happy you're reading! I'm reading sooo many sad books. It's awesome. Anyways, have a good day!