Tony

"Sir, Nova is emitting massive amounts of power and Wanda seems to be in distress," FRIDAY alerts me. I get up and start to speedwalk down the hallways. What could she be doing right now? I head to the gyms doors where Peter was training. The door to the pool was on the other side of this room. "Mr. Stark, my sense is going off. I think something is wrong." I nod, and he follows me to the next room. Wanda is screaming, and blue lights of Nova's power is heading in Wanda's direction, mixing with her red energy. But Wanda's powers are receding. I rush over to Nova and start to shake her shoulders. She looks like she's about to faint. A final burst of energy goes to Wanda, and she collapses, coughing out blood and crying. "FRIDAY?" I ask. "Severe damage to the lungs and two other major organs," she replies. Peter is holding Nova up. She can't hurt him too. I pull Peter away from her and push him behind my back, shielding him. "But Mr. Stark," he starts. I cut him off, "No buts," Nova starts to sign, "Is she ok?" Then she collapses as Steve rushes out the door with Wanda.

I pick up Nova and take her to a room that was built for Bruce. It could hold the Hulk, so why not a superpowered teen? It might not hold her. If she has enough power to bring someone into another universe, this one room can't hold her if she really let it loose. But it can hopefully contain her a little better. Alright, I'll admit it. It's more of a large glass cage with a bed in it. I don't leave any water in the room, and I make sure that the vents give off only dry air. I can't risk her being able to get out and hurt other people. Maybe I should have just left her in her universe.

I lock the door to that large glass cage and make my way to the room Wanda's in. She's still crying and screaming in agony as Bruce places ice packs on her chest. "What's going on here? What did Nova do?" Bruce must have already told Steve, because he explains it to me. "Something about reaching into Wanda and somehow boiling the water in her body. 83% of the lungs are water so... There isn't much we can do for her. She might get a ventilator, I don't know." Nova can manipulate water inside the body too. I should have guessed this. How was I so stupid? I get that Nova has issues with controlling her powers, but there has to be a reason they lashed out like that. I nod at Steve and make my way back to the lab, where Peter is waiting for me. "Where is Nova? Is Wanda going to be alright?" He asks me. "Nova is being kept in a very strong glass cage. Wanda's busy screaming since the water in her lungs were boiled. I'm calling May to pick you up." Peter looks at me with shock. "What about Nova? When will she be coming home? She would never hurt me. I know how to calm her down." I shake my head. "Her powers are unpredictable. We can't risk you getting hurt, or anyone else." Peter opens his mouth to say more, but FRIDAY interrupts him. "Boss, Nova has woken up and is in distress." I give Peter a look, and I head to where she is being kept.

Clint's already there, signing things to keep her calm. Most likely telling her that the cage isn't for hurting her. When I brought her to this universe, I never thought that she would be so dangerous to keep around. I imagined a normal teenage girl. Or, as normal as a superpowered traumatized teenage girl can get. "What happened?" I sign. "I know you didn't want to hurt her, but you did. Why?" She takes a moment to think. Her face goes red with embarrassment and shame. "I freaked out. I was thinking about the man," she signs. She must have been practicing sign language again, because I know some of those words weren't what Clint had taught her the first night. But all of this was the result of a panic attack? Maybe. But I feel like there was something else going on here. Wanda had told me about how she used her own powers to kickstart Nova's before, and how it was hard to contain it. "FRIDAY?" I ask. "What happened during their practice?"

"Wanda used her energy to activate Nova's at a very high level. This is not recommended since the combination of their powers is most likely the main reason of the power outburst, combined with the fact that Nova's powers were once again heightened by the panic attack."

So that confirmed my theory. I open the glass cage by entering a code, and the door is unlocked. Nova steps out of it and stands next to Peter. "It wasn't your fault," he starts to sign to her. "You're fine." She looks up at him, but I can see the doubt in her eyes. She still hurt Wanda, even if it wasn't entirely her fault. Her face is pale. Very pale for that matter. "Don't faint on me," I mumble under my breath. "I want to see Wanda," she signs. "FRIDAY?" I ask. "She is stable at the moment." I nod at Nova, and and start walking to Wanda's room.
    "What's going on?" Nat asks. I cock my head at the med bay's direction, implying that she follow me. I walk back into the room where Wanda is.
'So much for a first lesson.'
      She looks up and notices Nova first. Peter holds her hand. Peter's a good kid. And Nova? I don't know about her. She moves slowly to Wanda, still clutching Peter's hand. "I'm sorry," she signs. Her hold on Peter tightens as she continues to apologize. I explain to Wanda how Nova's power was maximized from the kickstart and heightened by the panic attack. Wanda seems almost guilty when she locks eyes with Nova. "I'm fine. It's not your fault." Once she finishes signing, she starts to pat Nova on the back. Nova shakes her head, obviously feeling responsible. And I completely agree. Well, almost agree.
       "How you feel?" I ask Wanda. "Breathing hurts, but my powers have helped me with healing."
       "Boss, May Parker is at the door," FRIDAY alarms me. I walk out the door with Peter and Nova, showing them the way to the exit. I don't go with them, instead going into the elevator to the floor where the bedrooms are. I head near Morgan's room, and I can hear Pepper finishing up a bedtime story. "And then the genius came and everyone got new tech," I add joke-fully. Morgan giggles as I tuck her in. "Daddy, who was that girl with Peter? Was that his girlfriend?" I chuckle. "Just his sister. Maybe you can meet her one day." She giggles again, and I turn off the lights. "Love you," Pepper and I say at the same time.
We leave the room and head into our own, changing and then heading to bed. I release a long and deep sigh. "What happened today?" Pepper asks. "Stay away from Nova. Wanda almost lost her lungs." She sits up in bed at that, and looks me in the eye. "She did what to Wanda? If she's so dangerous, why did you bring her here?" That's the question that I want to answer. "Thought we could teach her to contain herself. I'll be calling Strange for now on." She places a hand on my shoulder as she relaxes back into bed. "You did the right thing saving her." I let go of a long breath before relaxing myself. "I sure hope so. Night Pep."
"Night Tony."

I hope so....