Peter

I've finished yet another day of school. It's Nova's second day back to school, and I'm worried about her. I know Flash is in her class, and is probably making fun of her.

Some days she comes into Happy's car acting odd. Well, odder then usual. Like today.

"I've got a migraine so let's not talk much or I'm rolling the glass up," Happy says bluntly.

I wait in the backseat for Nova to come out the building. She wasn't late like this yesterday. We've been waiting for half an hour.

"I'm gonna call her- oh, wait! I see her now. Never mind, sorry Happy," I say to him as he rolls up the glass.

She comes in with a fresh bruise on her cheek. "Hey, hey," I say to her. "What happened?" I scoot closer to her and brush my finger gently over the black spot.

"Nothing, I'm fine." She says. She rests her sweaty head against the headrest and sighs.

Maybe I should make an effort to help her out. "Please trust me," I whisper, but then repeat louder so she can hear me better. "It's nothing. I just miss home." I try to use my sleeve to wipe some of the sweat. "Don't worry. We're here now." I look up at the compound as she gives a scoff and shakes her head, a small sarcastic smile playing on her lips.

I really don't understand. She said she wanted to go home. This is home. Or was she talking about the apartment with May? She still doesn't know what May did, and everyone including me thinks they did something to her. There's no way May could be evil. We just have to save her.

"I forgot," I start. "Mr. Stark is having a party today. Just wanted to let you know. It could be fun." She shakes her head as she gets out the car and walks inside. "Please try to come. I missed being with you so much." Her gaze softens as she gives in. "Fine. But only one hour." Her accent is hard to understand at times, but she is still learning how it is to talk after one year and six months of not.

Morgan must have been picked up early since she wasn't included in the ride. At times, I think she's Mr. Starks favorite. But then again, she is his real child. He hasn't even adopted Nova or me yet since we still have hope for May. But it still hurts a little.

"Man of Spiders! Girl of...many things! How are you?" Thor booms as he walks to us and ruffles our hair. He accidentally moves the nose cannula off Nova's face as it slides around her neck before helping to adjust it. "Oops- sorry young one," he apologizes.

"I'm alright, thanks Uncle Thor!" He gives me a toothy smile before Nova takes the opportunity to walk off into her room. I already know Doctor Strange will be here since he comes on Tuesdays and Thursdays for Nova's training and so Bruce can have a break.

"Hey kid," Dad says, and he slings an arm around my shoulders, leading me to the lab. "Listen, I wanted to make a surprise for the party. You already know it's for one of Peppers sisters birthday. And with all that's happened...how about we go to the lab, huh? I already have an idea, and I could use that brain of yours," he says while tapping my head. "Yeah, sure da-Mr. Stark," I quickly correct myself.

And so, we head to the lab. He teaches me new things every time we come here together, and today what we're making is simple. But fll still be an amazing surprise. "So you see, once we finish putting the...with the ... all we have to do is connect it to FRIDAY doing...Understand?" He gave me a summery of what we would be doing, and it sounded really simple.

"So," he starts. "What's going on between you and Nova? You guys used to be inseparable." I give a small sigh as I screw in something. "It's been so long since she was awake. And I get this isn't her fault, but I feel like it is for..." I don't want to finish that sentence.