8.

- Malik -

It was 6 in the evening, Mehr had came back from her classes and had gone to her to freshen up, I asked dua to set up the table.

While I was waiting in the living room. "So my dear brother is done hiding from his wife now?" Mehr said coming into the living room. "Excuse me ?" "You heard me, I thought you liked her bhai, and now hiding from her?" " let's not talk about me right now, I'm hungry" "Sure bhai, anyways Haniya Api helped with dinner today", she eyed me suspiciously "but save some for me, I'm having dinner with my friends" "oh okay, stay safe and have fun" "k bhai, just don't annoy api okay?" "mmm"

Mehr had left for her dinner, Dua came in while I was finishing my work, "bhai, dinner is set" "thanks dua, could you also call your api down?" "sure bhai". While waiting for them to come down I headed to the table and waited for them.

Just then my phone rang, I looked at the caller ID 'unknown', I picked it up wondering who it could be, "so, you think marrying will keep her safe" "who's this" I asked, "the person who'll take away any reason of your happiness" "wha-what?" "yes boy, you will never have a reason to be happy, your life will be miserable, mark my word." and with that phone cut off. I started at my phone, who could it even be. I did know some of my enemies would eventually find out about my marriage, but why am I nervous.

I was lost when a worried Dua came down, "bhai, api isn't opening the door and she's not responding either" I looked up at her, instantly getting up, I ran upstairs to the guest room, "Haniya, open the door, Haniya" I banged on the door. sh1t, why isn't she answering. "Dua, Dua get me the spare keys from my office, they're on the rack"

Unlocking the door, I barge into the room, I started looking around the room to find her. She was on the prayer mat passed out. I made my way to her and lightly tapped her cheek, "Haniya, Haniya wake up". I tapped her a little harder, to which her eyes flew open and she abruptly sat back. "why are you here, and how did you get in?" "seriously, that's the first thing you ask after making me worried" I asked her, Dua came into the room with a glass of water and gave it to her, "api are you okay?" "of course, what would happen to me Dua?" "you weren't answering" "oh I think I dozed off after I finished praying, I'm okay though", do I not exist, she's talking to Dua like it's just her and Dua.

"Dua, why don't you head down, we're coming down for dinner too" I said looked at Dua, "who said I'm coming for dinner, and that with you" she said glaring at me, "Dua, you head down first" I said still looking at Haniya. After Dua left, i repeated,  "I'm not going to tell you twice, come down for dinner" "no, I'm not hungry" she picked up her prayer mat and putting her shawl away. "well I am, and I want to eat with you" "well no thanks, I'm going to go take a shower" she turned and went into the bathroom. Leaving me sitting on the floor.

- Haniya -

I didn't want to be around him at all, and I'm going to try and avoid him as much as possible. I decided to take a shower, that way maybe he would leave me alone. I purposely took the longest shower ever, taking my time. I had forgotten to take my clothes, so I guess I'll have to go for my pj's. I took my time and did my night routine and made my way out, drying my hair I made my way outside the bathroom. Seeing my bed.

"finally, you're out" he said looking up at me, ruffling his hair, before I could comprehend anything he stood up in front of me. He started looking me from top to bottom, "not bad" he smirked making eye connect with me. I was wearing a fitted t-shirt and pj-bottoms, I tried my best attempt to cover myself with the towel, but he snatched the towel from my hand and started drying my hair from it.

"what do you think you are doing" I asked as he continued with my hair, "my love, are you blind, can't you see I'm drying your hair, I wouldn't want you to catch a cold". I held his wrist that made him stop in his position. He looked down at me with such intensity that made me leave his hand and he continued drying my hair. I slowly went back looking at him, how focused he looks, his eyes focused and his eyebrows knitted together, his lips thinned, he looks perfect, what are you even thinking, he's the reason you're here, focused under a roof with, my subconscious spoke. 

Once my hair was much more dry than before, he handed me the towel and made his way on the bed, my gaze followed as he made himself comfortable on my bed, "I think I'll stay here for tonight" he said meeting my eyes, "and why is that" "well I need to bond with my wife since we complained to me about ignoring her, No?" "no, you can leave now thank you" "come on love, you didn't eat anything, now at least sleep with me" "if you think you can just show up and stop ignoring me then you're wrong, so if you're not leaving, then I will".

He just continued looking at me, unbelievable, how can one be so stubborn. I gabbed my shawl and made way out the room. Is there is no one I'll be sharing a room with him. I made my way downstairs and went to the kitchen, I felt hungry so I had taken out a plate of food and had sat down at the table, just as I was about to take a bite, the plate was moved from in front of me, "now this isn't fair love, having dinner without me?" I looked up to see the man I left upstairs now standing beside me, "yea I am, so give it back" "no" and with a fake pout he sat down beside me and started eating form my plate. 

I was too hungry to argue with him right now, I got up and got another plate of food and sat down in my seat and started eating. We both our food in silence but I would keep stealing glances.

The time I had spent with Malik until now, he was kinda confusing, he always had a strong aura and was always unreadable and straight, I hadn't really seen many moments he would show his emotions, even now, all the things that happened in my room, his face was straight for all of it, like he had no heart nor emotion. 

As we finished eating, I quietly picked up both our plates and brought them to wash them. thankfully he stayed quiet too and just followed me into the kitchen. I continued paying him no interest and finished washing. I was making my way into the sitting room, when he suddenly held my hand, before I could say anything he covered my mouth and signaled to stay quiet. 

I nodded and just before anything could happen, all the lights went out, I looked back at Malik who held a serious and blank face, he held my hand in a grip and slowly we made our way to the kitchen, "where are we going?" I managed to whisper, "into the storage room, there's a switch breaker box, I need to check that" we were almost at the door of the storage room when we heard a glass fall, followed by the lights turning on. Malik had me behind him, but when we looked at the area where we heard the glass break, Esrat bijaan was standing there. "oh I'm sorry children, the light was off and couldn't see where I was going".

Malik's muscles relaxed a little, "it's fine bijaan, but what are you doing here at this time?" "oh, Dua told me the lights went off and asked me to check up on it, but now it's back" "yes, I'm going to check on the switch breaker, than me and Haniya will turn in for the night, you go ahead" after saying our goodnights, bijaan left. Malik went into the storage room while I went to the kitchen, because of the sudden shock, I decided to eat the brownies I had made earlier.