32.

❗️This chapter may be uncomfortable for some readers.
________________________________
- Haniya -
"Haniya beta, could you run down to the shop and get me a few things." Mama asked as she walked into my room while I was trying to finish the dress I was sewing.

"Sure, but where's Taha?" I asked. "He's gone with your baba, to some friends house. They might be there for a few hours." She replied. "Okay, I'll go and get them." I nodded and got up to get a shawl and my bag.

After Mama handed me the list of things needed, I drove to the nearest supermarket. The things Mama needed would be found in the supermarket. I walked in, looking at all the things we needed. Going through aisle by aisle. After finally finding everything needed, I paid and left the shop.

I was walking towards my car when I saw an old man sitting beside it. He was in old and ripped clothes, his face covered in dirt. As I approached my car. He saw me and came towards me, starting to beg me for money. "Ma'am, please, give me some change. I have huget children to feed." I found it strange how the man had been beside my across in the middle of all the other cars parked here.

"Please, my son and daughters haven't eaten for days, please," He continued begging. "Please, sir. Stop begging. " I felt bad, as he was begging me. He looked so desperate. "Here, I have some money, and you can take this." I had bought some things for myself and decided to give it to him so he could eat and give it to his kids. I gave him some spare change as well.

He was very happy, and kept on thanking me, I told him not to worry and bid him ferwell. After loading my car, I headed home.

It was almost half six, when my phone vibrated. I picked it up and saw a message from Mr.ali.
Unknown no.: Your husband is at it again. Torturing and hurting poor innocent people.
Me: How do you know?
Unknown no.: If you don't believe me, go over to his house and see it for yourself.

Tapping the screen, I made up my mind. I picked up my keys and phone and went over to my car. Mama asked where I was going, I told her I would be home soon. She nodded and told me to be back soon.

I drove over to Malik's house. Entering the gate, I was surprised to see that there was only one guard, and he let me in without saying anything. Getting out of the car, the guard approached me, I had never seen him before. Was he new?

"Ma'am everything alright?" He asked. Most of the guards never talked to me first. For some reason, Malik had instructed them not to talk to me until I didn't speak to them first. "Where's Malik?" "I think Malik sir is in the basement of the house." He replied.

I nodded and walked inside the house. I walked over to the basement. I was confused about why he would be there. It was so small, and only the power box was there. Walking in there, I was right, all four walls and nothing here, Malik wasn't here either. Did the guard lie to me?

Just as I was turning back to leave, I heard a painful scream. I was shocked, frozen standing there. I looked back, and the painful noise definitely came from behind the walls. I was confused standing there. I went to each wall, trying to figure out how I could hear noises from behind it.

I was checking the last wall, trying to find out. I was getting nowhere. Just then, I found a handle or something on the wall. I slowly turned it, only for the wall to become a door. Stunned in the moment, it took a minute for me to regain myself, but another painful scream was heard, snapping me out.

I opened it to a small corridor. I followed it with, lighting it with my phone flashlight. I followed until there was another wooden door. There was talking and screaming behind the door.

Slowly approaching it, I opened the door a bit, peeking in. What I saw shocked me. A man tied up to a chair in the middle of the room, I couldn't tell much of his face since Malik was standing in front of him, his back facing me.