22.

- Haniya -
As we got to the bottom of the staircase, one of Malik's men took his bag and brought it to his car. Just on time, Mehr and Umar made their way towards us. Malik still hadn't left my hand, I tugged on it, trying to get him to leave my hand, but his grip on my hand got stronger, and it was of no use.

"Take care of my sister and wife Umar, I'll dig your grave if anything happens to them." He threatened poor Umar. "Don't threaten my husband, bhai, and don't worry, it's like most your missions you're away for. You'll be back in no time." He smiled and nodded, patting her head.

Just before Malik left, Mehr and Umar excused themselves, leaving us alone. "Don't miss me too much, love." He said, facing me, "Don't worry, I won't." I sneered back. He pouted, and I swear I stood there shocked, in disbelief that this man had just pouted in front of me. "Okay, close your mouth. A fly is going to go in." At his comment, I shut my mouth closed. He smirked, "anything to say?" I nodded 'no', but that made him walk towards me, closing any distances between us, causing me to be trapped between him and the pillar behind my back. "Still have nothing to say?" "Actually, yes,why do you always push me into a wall or anything?" "Oh? Well I'll you my love, it helps me trap you from escaping any where from this." "This?-" I was cut off mid sentence, with him placing his lips on mine, we didn't move. We just stood there for what felt like forever.

Removing his lips, he kissed my forehead and placed his forehead on mine. "Be careful, okay? I'm going to miss you even if you don't." He smiled before kissing my cheek. He waved as he walked towards his car. I smiled and waved back. Hos driver came to his car and opened the door for him, and he sat inside. Remembering something, I ran towards his car and knocked on the window. He rolled down his window and asked confusedly.

Lowering my dupatta a bit, I took off my hair tie. It was my favorite punk hair tie, with a small white ribbon on it. I gestured him to give me his hand, forwarding his hand, I slid my hair tie on his wrist. He smiled profoundly. I smiled, seeing my hair tie on his wrist. "Anything else, my love?" "No. Just take care, and don't forget to eat and sleep on time." He nodded, still smiling.

I stood back as the car drove away, I waved to him one last time before walking back into the house. Looking at the time, it was only 6. I decided to take a nap since I felt tried and empty now that he was gone. I walked into our room, but it felt so bare. I sat on the bed, but I didn't even want to sit in the room.

I got up and headed to Asfa's room. She had 2 beds in her room since she was sharing with Mehr before, but now Mehr and Umar are staying in the guest room. Tip toeing into the room, I slid onto the other bed. I handed planned on sleeping until I replayed all the memories from the day I had met Malik until now. Not realizing when I had fallen asleep.

I woke up from someone tapping me, I rolled around to see who it was, and I slowly opened my eyes to see Asfa standing there. Yawning, I got up stretching, "everything okay?" She slowly nodded, "Yep, but api, why are you here?" "I felt scared in my room." I made the excuse, "I'll go change and freshen up, then have breakfast together." She nodded and headed to my room.

I took a morning shower, changed, and got ready for breakfast. Checking up on my phone, there still wasn't any text from him. I texted him, hoping whenever he saw it, he'll reply. I turned off my phone and put it on the bedside table before heading downstairs for breakfast.

"So what do we all want for breakfast?" I asked, walking into the kitchen. "Should I make some pancakes?" "Sure, but won't that talk a lot of your time." Mehr asked, "it's fine." I assured her and started making breakfast for all of them. An hour later, I had finished making breakfast, and everyone had eaten. I had no appetite, so I decided to clean up our room. Everyone else went to the pool outside since it was so warm.

I spent most of my free time cleaning, something kept bothering me, like a gut feeling something bad was about to happen. In between cleaning, I kept looking at my phone, checking if Malik had seen my texts yet, I hust wanted to make sure he was alright and safe, but maybe he was busy or something.

After managing to clean the whole house, I joined the rest of them with playing games. Dua had exams coming up. So she excused herself to study. We all decided to have pulao for dinner, and since Mehr loved making this dish, we let her make it while I made the salad and kurd. After finishing dinner, we were cleaning up when  Bijan came up to us.

"Everything okay, Bijan?" "Yes beta, i was just wondering if i could go over to my close family members' home. She's been sick lately." "Of course, bijan, do you, Umar, or the driver to drop you?" "No beti, it's fine, I'll manage." she smiled and left to get her stuff. By the time we had finished cleaning the kitchen, bijan was leaving. "When do you think you'll be back bijan?" "I'll be there soon. Dlnt worry." She smiled, walking away.

After praying Magrib, I joined everyone else in the living room. "Umar, have you managed to contact Malik?" "Yes, he safely arrived. The signals of his area have suddenly gone down this morning, so he hasn't been able to contact. " I sighed in relief, finding out he safely arrived and the reason why he didn't see his texts.

We were all talking when Umar's phone rang. He excused himself and headed away. It was getting late, so I told the rest of them to pray and get ready for bed, too. Mehr was waiting downstairs, and I told her I'd wait for her, too, since who knows who long these phone calls take.

"Do you miss bhai?" She asked. "I don't know, it's only been 18 hours." "You don't know, yet you're couting." She giggled. I shrugged as I also laughed. "How long do these trips take normally?" "To be honest, sometimes a day or two, sometimes a month." "A month?" "That was only once, I got sick and called him the day after." She said. "Maybe if you get sick, he'll be back soon." "Maybe I should,"i laughed.

We were both laughing when a worried Umar walked in, tapping his screen, Mehr and I both made eye contact, "everything alright?" Mehr asked her husband. "One of our warehouses has been attacked. Malik bhai isn't picking up, and the men are asking for me." "What about Zaid bhai?" "He's somewhere else." "Will you go?" "Not yet, im going to wait for bhai's word, I've called the guys and told them, let's wait and see."

We all tensely say around, waiting. I couldn't really leave Umar and Mehr tense, I sat there until his phone rang. He looked more perplexed than before. He didn't even say hello or hi. "Why an unknown number?" He asked first thing. "Altight- yes- he said that? I'll speak to him - he did? Ok, fine." He ended his call and got up. "I'll be leaving in an hour. I might take a few days. It's the east warehouse." Mehr nodded, understanding.

They excused themselves and headed to their room, I also decided to go to my room to pray.