14.

- Malik -
"You will have your nikkah with her tomorrow?" Umar nodded, looking down, I take a deep breath to control myself. "Are you informing me or telling me?" "Bhai, I had permission from both our parents, and we both want this too, take it as informing you" "Umar, you are my second in charge and you are like my little brother, I would never choose anyone else for her except you, but given the sudden circumstances, I don't think it's possible" "these sudden circumstances are the reason I want to marry her, so I could protect her and take care of her, you have bhabi now and her siblings are here, and I can take of her with no problem. Bhai, I'm not asking for a grand nikkah, something just simple for now. Our main family is all here. " I looked up at him, and most of what he said was true.

"Are you not going to invite anyone?" I said him, he sighed, looking down, "bhai, you make me look really lonely. All I have is you and Mehr, and now bhabi. The only family I have is here. Everyone else stopped talking when my parents died. " 

Umar's parents also died the same day Malik's parents died. They were coming for dinner at Khan's house. They were on our way when they had gotten into an accident, and the thing is, the accident took place around a block away from us.

"I will ask Mehr, then we can have the nikkah as soon as she stays, so" Umar nodded more optimistic looking. "Bhai I also did what you requested, they have caught him, they have locked him in the c1 basement" "good, I knew there was something wrong, and we need to have a chat with him soon"

"We also -" I signaled Umar to be quiet, I heard something outside the study door. I quietly walked towards the door, my hand resting on the gun at the back of my jeans. I slowly opened the door, and Haniya fell in almost falling on the floor if I hadn't caught her. I quickly fix my shirt so she doesn't see the gun. "Haniya?" "I um, was looking for Umar" she said innocently looking at Umar, but the look told me she wasn't 100% sure with she just said.

"B we'll talk about this later, what did bb want to talk to me about?" He asked looking at Haniya. "Is Taha asleep?" "Yea he did before I came to see b" "b, what? " "b for bhai and bb for bhabi, you" "oh, but I thought you called me by my name" she asked him, I could feel Umar giving me a look, I smirked, he gave an annoyed face and turned her way  "I think bhabi sounds cooler" "um okay, you guys carry on, I'll be on my way" Haniya said turning.

I signaled to Umar and he knew what I wanted, "it's fine bhabi, you stay, I was just leaving anyways." Once he left, I continued with my work on my laptop, but all my focus was on Haniya who was now sitting on the chair right in front of me, looking anywhere but in my direction, "do you need something?" "me? no" "then why are you still here, didn't I tell you to pray and sleep" "and you can't tell me what to do" she said looking back at me now, I don't understand her sometimes, sometimes she listens to what I say, and now isn't one of those times. 

"so what do you plan to do, stare at me while I work, Haniya I told you to sleep" I said getting up and picking up a smoke, I was really stressed with everything that happened at home and now Umar's request. "don't tell me you smoke too" "occasionally" I shrugged and started looking foe the lighter on my desk. When I saw it ,Haniya did too and picked it up before I could reach for it, "you're not smoking, especially not in front of me" "okay, then leave, or better I'll leave" 

I was making my way across the room when she stood in front of me, her height shorter than me, "what do you think you're doing shorty" "shorty? who are you calling short, I'm 5'5" "we'll my 5'5 love, move and actually give me my lighter too" "we'll I'll do you something" she took the unlit cigar from my mouth and threw it into the bin near us. "it's not good for you to smoke" "Haniya, I have too much on my plate right now, and this isn't helping" "so you're stressed, there are more ways to relive stress" I looked at her, "you're right" I started coming closer to her, until she fell onto the couch, before I could get any closer she put her hands on my shoulder to keep distance, "Mr. Mafia leader, use your brain, I meant talk about your worries to someone, they could help".

I took in what she said, talk about my worries, which one do I talk about first, which one will sound less, less wrong to her, she slowly retreated her hands from my shoulder and I moved to sit beside her on the couch, by instinct, I placed my head on her lap, it caught her by surprise and she stayed still, "fine". After I said that her muscles became a little relaxed. 

"Umar and Mehr have been engaged for a few years now, since they have liked each other, our parents didn't mind getting them married young since everyone was happy with this decision, but Mehr had said she will only get married after I did as I'm the older brother, I found it ridiculous but she didn't move from her decision, Umar also agreed and both of them waited. Now Umar wants to have at least his Nikkah, and I have to make the decision since I'm both their family." I said finally telling someone else this, I looked up at her, lost in thought, I turned my head and snuggled into her stomach, while she slowly started playing with my hair. 

"then, get them married" I looked at her for a second, "tell me, you got married, and she didn't even ask much about the bride and when you would marry me, I think it's best to talk to her and listen to what she wants, she's your younger sister, you've got to be there for her" "why don't you ask her instead" "trust me Malik I can, but this is you're job, yes maybe she calls me api and accepts me as your wife, but I'm still the girl that randomly appeared in your home one night, no one in your home knew much about me. Yet they all accepted me whole-heartily, and I think this is something a brother should do"  

I thought what she had said for a bit, thinking what Haniya had said, we stayed in the position for a while, when I got up. Haniya had fallen asleep, I carefully laid her in a comfortable position and covered her in a shawl when I saw my lighter in her pocket, 'gosh I would kill for a smoke right now, but she had her lighter in her pocket' she looked cute, I couldn't bring myself to smoke after she had told me not to. I decided to go out to walk in the garden. 

I was had come outside when I saw someone sitting on the bench, it was the person I would have loved to avoid right now, I came up to her, "oh you're up late bhai" "yes, I see you are too" "don't worry about me, I'll leave soon" I sat down beside her, "don't Mehr, I need to say something to you" she looked at me like she was giving me all her attention, " firstly I need to apologize for my acts and my lack of my responsibility. After ami and abu, we are the only ones for each other, and I just left you alone when you must have needed me-" as I talked I felt her tears coming up and I couldn't see them so I looked at the sky "-and I'm sorry, I left you all by yourself, I was there but you could never talk to me, I was either busy in work or something"  I looked at her again, "will you forgive this idiot brother or yours?" "bhai, don't say that" she said hugging me and crying, "you're the best brother anyone could ask for, I have no complaints" "no my chotto, I wasn't there. I disappeared often, I distanced myself from you, I even came home with a bride and you accepted her" "I know I should be mad, but let's say Umar made me understand, and about Haniya api, she's an amazing person who wouldn't like her" "thank you" she smiled wiping her tears, "now I have seen an emotional bhai" "haha but not a crying one" "I will see it, probably one day" 

"let's not get emotional, but there is another thing I need to talk about" "what is it bhai" "I wish ami and abu were here to ask you but as your bhai it is my responsibility, do you still want to marry Umar?" she looked down, "there is no rush, and if you don't wan to marry him that's fine too, just please let me know".

Mehr had told Malik her answer, both satisfied. but were also happy that their relationship could heal from this point, going back to before when they were like other siblings.

-------------------------------------------------

 Aslaam everyone :) How is everyone?

what do we all think Mehr's answer will be?

Malik trying to heal his relationship with his sister<3