12.

Assalamualaikum everyone;
how's everyone doing ?

-----------------------------------

In the morning I heard my alarm ring for Fajr, I lazily got up and went into bathroom to do my wudu, when I came out, Malik woke up. He saw I had done my wudu, "wait for me" I was to sleepy so I just nodded and he went to the bathroom. Wen he was done we prayed together, it felt nice but I was too sleepy to think much, Malik had sat on the couch, reading something on is phone. 

After I finished making dua, I went to the couch, and without much thinking I placed my head in his lap, It was something I would do with mama in the mornings when I used to be sleepy. While he was on his phone, he started playing with my hair which was really relaxing, and soon sleep engulfed me again. 

I woke up from the sound of knocks, I slowly opened my eyes to see that Malik had fallen asleep sitting. There was still someone knocking, I got up an grabbed a shawl and wrapped around myself, I slowly opened the door saw Bijaan, I motioned her come outside. Once outside, I quietly closed the door, "sorry dear, I didn't mean to wake you up but, I wanted to inform either of you two that, Mehr and Umar went to the hospital just in case since Mehr was really panicked" "Mehr did a good thing" I nodded, "also wanted to tell you that they said they might be late since they might eat out" "that's fine, I'll tell her brother" "mm, one more thing dear, Dua will be at her friend's house today, and I'll also be visiting home because of a little thing" "is everything okay bijaan" I asked. "oh yes dear, everything is" saying that she left and I went back into the room. 

I slowly closed the door, turning around I saw him sleeping so peacefully, I still was in disbelief that this man was a mafia leader, at least when he's sleeping. I had a perfect thought in my head. I picked up my phone and looked at the time, it was almost 9 in the morning, I went into the bathroom and picked out my outfit, I went for a lavender kurti and matched with white salwar, I did my morning routine and tied my hair up for the day. Leaving the bathroom, Malik was still asleep. I made my way downstairs to make breakfast for myself.

-°•○•°- 

I was almost done making myself breakfast when I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist that caught me by surprise, "calm done love, it's just me" I didn't say anything, "so you're not talking to me?" "I'll make you breakfast" I said in a flat tone, "sure, we'll eat together" but he didn't leave my waist, he continued to hold on to it. I tried snuggling out multiple times, but his strength was too strong, once I was done making his breakfast too, I set the plates on the table, watching, he finally let go and sat down. 

While we ate, he kept glancing my way, as if he had something to say, "do you have something you want to say?" I asked still eating my food, "not really, I'm waiting for you to say something" he said too straight forward, but I continued to ignore his presence and focus on eating breakfast, since it is the most important meal of the day. (A: did you guys have breakfast?)

Throughout breakfast he kept looking at me, but I had to ignore him, I had finished breakfast after him, I took both our plates and took them to the sink to wash, and he followed me, "love, are you really not talking to me?, what did I do?" he kept beside me as I washed the plates, "tell me, I can fix it" "okay then, you want to know?" he shook his head, "leave me, I don't want to be married to some gang leader" "never mind, not happening" "and you asked" I said looking straight at him, "yea, and I'll do anything but that" "gosh, you're so annoying" I said looking at him with disgust.

Our argument carried on until my phone vibrated, I turned away from him taking my phone out of my pocket, it was my parents calling me after so long, "hello baba, how are you, why didn't you call me before?" "walikumsalam beta, um could we talk to Malik" "what" "I need to speak to Malik" I turn around to see questioning Malik looking back at me, "i-um, sure here" before I give i to him, I turn on the speaker, but as Malik took the phone, he turned it off.

Baba and Malik spoke for almost an hour, and then ended the call, did they not miss me, the whole time Malik spoke in a quiet and different tone which was hard to understand, after the phone call ended he handed my phone back , "what happened, why did baba want to talk to you?" "maybe he has accepted me as his son in law and maybe you should too now " he shrugged his shoulders, "not happening" I said as I made my way in the kitchen, I really wished Mehr was home right now. 

I decided I would bake something, Malik continued to be annoying, he sat on the counter as he watched me bake, " so what are you baking?" "cupcakes" I said as I took the ingredients out, "I know how to bake, let me help" "no" "please, or else" "or else what?" I challenged him looking at him, he smirked, and came closer, "don't challenge me love, I love taking challenges" he walked until my back hit the counter I felt my cheeks warming up, in a swoop, he picked me up and placed me on the counter, "what are you doing" I said, almost whining, "shush, and stay up there unless".

I didn't want to challenge him again, so I quietly sat as I watching him rolling up his shelves, he started mixing  ingredients together, he took a break, "chocolate?" and I just nodded in agreement. I enjoyed watching him baking, he looked so concentrated and dedicated, once he poured the batter into the pan and into the oven, he passed me the bowl.

"taste it" this was something I did with my siblings whenever we baked. I tried the batter, and it tasted so good, I started trying the rest, just then I heard a sound, I looked over to see him taking a picture of me. "perfect" he said looking at the picture, "Malik, delete it" "sorry Malik ki jaan not happening" I pouted "not even now" "no" he said looking unaffected. 

"So are you going to just sit there until they bake" he asked after a while, "why?" "No, because I wanted to show you something instead" "okay.." he finished cleaning the things away and stood in front of me, "so let's go" "where" he satrted walking out the kitchen" "just please don't kill me before I have those cupcakes" "who said I haven't added poison in those cupcakes to kill you while you eat them" "um, good point. I see how your a Mafia boss and all, but it's better to die eating a cupcake" I said like it wasn't a big deal and he chuckled.

We entered his study, "why are we here?" "Because I wanted to show you something" he said pointing to the bookshelf behind me, I looked at it, there were alot of the books that were on my *to be read*, "all yours" "really" I asked half in disbelief, "this sounds too good to be true, do you want something? I can't give you much" "I must say you are a but smarter than I had expected" my mouth gaped in his response, "I would just like my dear wife to except me" he said making eye contact,

"to be honest Malik, I find your work wrong in every way, I mean as much as I know, all the knowledge I have on it, is that it is dangerous, harmful, wrong and haram, and I want nothing to do with it, nothing to do with a person who relates to it. No matter what the reason behind it is" he looked at me with an intense gaze, "the cup cakes will be ready soon let's go".
And that's it, we headed downstairs one after another

----------------------------
How did you guys find this part?

What do you think will happen next?

Will Haniya except Malik?