30.

- Malik -
These few days haven't been easy. I've been trying everything and anything possible to solve. The anonymous person who didn't want to see me happy was making that clearer and clearer day by day. Leaving more texts, letters, and photos of Haniya and Mehr. 

This happened before, too, before when my parents died. I showed Abbu, and he told me to be on .y toes, that anyone could be suspicious, but I wasn't ready, and I already faced the consequences for that. Even after their death, I still got threats. Photos of Mehr, Bijan, Umar, and thar only made me fear losing them, too.

The only way to keep them safe was by distancing myself from them, and it seemed to work. Because those threats stopped coming in, I started working in more of my work and missions. I had saved Dua and helped many other orphans and brought Aiman and Iman to my group, too.

But at this stage, when I have finally with he woman I love, and seeing and hearing death threats targeted at her, I'm sacred of losing her already because of me. She got shot, and both our siblings were in danger. I would never want that again.

I was finding out information about Bijan after Haniya had told me her assumption. As much as I didn't want to believe it, anyone could be suspicious. I noted all her whereabouts and everywhere she disappeared to. It was getting annoying not getting to a conclusion. It's possible she's guilty and priably suspicious. She hasn't been there for any of the events or attacks, but her alibis have been proven to be correct.

I was looking over another footage when Umar entered my office. I haven't seen him for weeks now, I mostly kept them all out of my office. "Bhai, you've been working hard for a few weeks. Have you found any information?" Umar asked. "Something like that, why are you here? I didn't call you." I asked, scrolling through. "Oh, Mehr ha been calling you, and you didn't puck up, and when I called, you didn't pick up either. I wanted to make sure everything was okay?" He sounded concerned.

"I'm fine, Umar, now go home." I replied, "bhai, Zain bhai told me you haven't been home properly in days. Are you sure everything is okay?" He asked again. "Umar, I said everything is fine, now get lost." I said, frustrated with all his questions.

"Calm down, bhai. I'll leave. I'm just saying you should go home to Haniya." He said again. "I'll do what I think is right. Who are you to tell me?" "Bhai, I'm just saying you're probably worrying her with your behavior."

I was getting fed up with the number of times he kept repeating the same time. Frustration grew inside me, causing me to stand up and push past him. I wasn't going to sit through his lecture. "Bhai, you really need to cool down." He said as I was walking away, and that was the final break point. Something in me snapped, and the next thing I knew, I was blowing a punches at him.

I realized what I was doing and moved back. I blew my built-up frustration on him. I looked at him, his face bruised. Hos lip bleeding. "Umar, get out of my office." I simply said as I walked out to my balcony, closing the door behind me.

I was heading back inside after I made sure Umar had left. As I entered my office, my phone started ringing, it was Dua. I picked it up, "beta, hurry. These men have broken inside the house." She said, distressed and worried. I was about to say something, ask something, when the call was cut. Worry came over me, Haniya and Dua could be in trouble.

Picking up my keys, I rushed to my car to drive home. As I parked my car, the guards were dead on the spot. I ran inside, the whole house in a big mess, things all over the place. The only thing I was worried about right now was finding Haniya and Dua. I shouted their names but nothing. I ran to our room first, hoping Haniya was safely hidden there, but nothing.

I heard noise downstairs, taking my gun out of my waistband, I slowly made my downstairs. I hope I find Haniya safe soon. I approached the rooms, where Bijan and dua stayed. I walked towards them when I heard someone in Dua's room. I decided to knock first. "Anyone in there? It's me, Malik." I said slowly, hoping someone was.