16.

Aslamoalkuim everyone,
How is everyone

I'm hoping everyone is reading this after Iftar :]
--------------------------------
- Haniya -

- a week later -
Today was a week since Mehr's nikkah. She and Umar were coming over. It's still hard to believe a week has gone by. The thing that has improved the most I this past week is my sleep schedule, finally getting over my jet lag, oh and maybe getting to slowly get to know Malik, or maybe the other way around. We have tried spending time together, but he ends up listening to me while I do all the talking.

I got up, and again, Malik wasn't in bed, something I am getting used to now. Since I knew Mehr was coming over, I wanted to do something nice today. I had gone for an orange outfit simply because I loved the dupatta. I paired it with some shoes and went for a smile makeup look. I tied my hair up into a ponytail and losely draped my dupatta on my head, in case any of Malik's men were around.

I headed to my siblings' room first to wake them up and get them to catch up on their school work. They were starting to fall behind.

I headed downstairs with Asfa after she had done most of her work yesterday after she found out Mehr would be over today. "What time is Mehr api going to be over?" "I'm not sure. She said she'll be over today though". "Is Mehr beta coming over today?" Bijan asked as we walked into the kitchen. "Yes, Bijan, also Asfa and I planned a little surprise. Would you like to come along?" "Oh beta, I'll help prepare for it and anything you need, but I prefer staying behind" "aw but Bijan, it'll be fun" "it's fine Asfa beta, I'll be home, I can rest or do something else. Now Haniya beta, tell me how I can help"

I explained the whole plan to Bijan, and she happily agreed to it. Bijan was the sweetest person I had met. She was quiet, but it made sense since she didn't have any family of her own, and now only has Malik's family.

"Haniya beta, you don't worry about anything, I'll pack everything and have everything ready by then." "Thanks so much, Bijan." I gave a little peck in her cheek, and I started helping her.

After finishing breakfast and cleaning up, I headed to Asfa and Dua's room. Both the girls are so excited about having Mehr over.

"Api, do you think Mehr api will agree to the surprise?" Dua asked, " I think she will, but I'm not sure about her brother and my sister's husband. " Asfa answered. She didn't like Malik, and we all knew that. "I'm sure Malik wants to go too." she looked in an unbelievable way.

I'm going to have to have a talk with Asfa in private about her behavior, I wonder what she has against Malik.

"Api, maybe you should ask bhai just I case, he could have some work or anything" Dua suggested, "don't worry, I'll ask him, hopefully he'll be free to come"

We finished getting ready when we heard a car pull up and heard Mehr and Umar walk into the house. Dua and Asfa ran to Mehr and almost tackled her down if it wasn't for her husband, who saved her just in time.

"Careful guys, she's mine, and I'm only letting you guys have her for a while," Umar joked. "Okay, Umar bhai, we know. But we're having her for a while." Asfa replied back.

Soon, everyone was talking and enjoying. "So api, I heard you had planned a surprise." "Of course I have, I've planned a picnic for all of us." "Really, that sounds great," Mehr said enthusiastically, Umar liked the plan, too. "Everything's packed, and you guys are here, I just have to get your brother, and we can get going."

Everyone was excited to get going, and now I just had to tell Malik and convince him to go. As usual, Malik was in his study. Even on a Saturday, he can be expected to work.

I knocked once and twice, but when I heard nothing, I carefully peeked in and looked inside. There sat Malik looking so hot as he worked on whatever he was working on. He still hasn't realized I had come in.

I walked up to his table and knocked on it again to get his attention. Successfully getting his attention, he looked up at me, giving me the smallest smile that made his eyes twinkle. "Yes love?" he asked, giving me his full attention. It was small things about him like these that made y heart flutter.

"Well, Mehr and Umar are here. They're waiting for you downstairs." he looked at his watch and then back at me, "they're early, " I. nodded. "Also- I did something., and I um want you to come to." he looked up at me, giving me a questioning look. "I um planned a little family picnic, and I want you to come too." He continued to have an unreadable look now. Did he not want to come?

"Sure." "it's fine if you don't want to come -" I looked up at as if I missed hearing him. "Sure, I'll come. My love has planned this. How can I miss this? " "Really, " I excitedly stood now, "of course, anything for you." As he stood up beside me, with my excitement, I hugged him as I peecked his lip, "Thank you, thank you." I realized what I had down and stood back, leaving space. "If making you every time gets me this, I should make you happy more often" I giggled at him, "maybe it will" he held my hand and we both started making our way downstairs.

"So who's going with who?" Dua asked. "Taha is with us," Umar said fist, bumping him. "Asfa and dua can come with us," I suggested. Asfa just nodded while Dua happily agreed. Malik wasn't much happy either, je just wanted us in the car.

"I'm just going to make a phone call while you guys come out," Malik said unenthusiastic. Umar and Taha went to get some things while Dua and I got the picnic things and basket. "I think that's all, let's go," and we all headed to the car.

-°•○•°-
The whole ride their was very entertaining. Malik and Asfa had started debating on every little thing and calling each other names. At one point, I questioned who was younger than who.

"Finally here, I don't think I would have survived another minute with Mr cocky pants" Asfa said, getting out the car, "and I couldn't got through another second" Malik shouted back. "Dua, you and Asfa go ahead with the basket and set it up at a nice spot." Dua quickly took her hand and ran to find a spot.

"Are you okay?" I asked Malik, tapped his arm, "I forget you're her sister, or no child has ever disrespected me, " he said, sounding annoyed. "I'm sorry about her, she's never like that, she's normally really friendly." I kinda felt embarrassed for Asfa's behavior, but I was also puzzled why she's like what she is acting today.

"Maybe it's me," Malik said, looking away but intertwining our fingers. "The impression your siblings must have of me. I'm a cold man, who suddenly appeared at your home one day, my men demanded money from their father, than in exchange I forcefully married their oldest sister and took her with me, now that they're here, I don't talk to them and spend most my time in my Study" he said breathing out all in one go, "if you put it like that, it does sound like your problem" he looked at me in disbelief, I let out a chuckle at his look. "Don't worry, just show them some love and care, and they'll be ood back to you, spend some time them. They'll like it. " he saves my hand a squeeze in a response.

---------------------------------------
I have published after so long

But let me know how you guys find this part :)