40.

- Haniya -
Walking up to Malik is the best thing to happen after so many months.

I lay beside him, looking at his sleeping face. I wanted to touch his fluffy hair, but I kept looking at him, taking in all his features.

I was still lying down when I heard a knock on the door. Then, all of a sudden, more knocks. What is happening out there, I thought.

I got up to open the door, making sure I didn't open it too wide. "Phew, it's just you Asfa, what's wrong?" I asked, looking at her tense face.

"Api, Mama was coming to get you for breakfast, but I had run before her and woke you up." She quickly told me.

"Tell her I'm coming, I have to wash up first." I replied, worried she might come up. "Api, hide Malik bhai first, Mama is going to be up here in any minute." She looked ready to yell.

"Okay, okay. You go and slow Mama down a bit, I'll hide Malik." I said. As Asfa ran downstairs, I quickly ran into my room.

I quickly stood beside Malik, massaging his head, "Malik, get up, quick." I quickly said. I tapped him kn the shoulder, "Malik wake up." He slowly opened his eyes.

"What's wrong? Why so early in the morning." "Malik, Mama is coming up stairs." I whisper yelled.

"So?" He asked. "Malik, you're in my bed." I reminded him. "And there's nothing wrong with that. We're married." He replied.

"Malik, there is no time for this. What are we going to explain to her?" I asked. "Love?" "Yes?" "Is your baba home?"

"No, why?" I asked, confused. "Then I'll handle this." He replied, and as soon as he did, Mama walked in while I was sitting beside Malik.

She looked at me first then, then looked over to the sleeping figure beside me, her smile she had disappeared.

Mama didn't say anything. She just looked at me, Malik saw her looking back at her and sat up. "Good moring, Mama." He said, smiling brightly.

Her face changed, with different emotions. "I want you both to get ready and come downstairs now." She said and left my room.

"Great, I'm pretty sure Mama is mad at me now." I said, looking back at him. "Relax, love, I'll sort this out." He said, placing a kiss on my forehead before walking to the bathroom.

"I hope you do, Malik." I whispered to myself.

We finished getting ready. After taking a deep breath, we walked out of my room and headed downstairs with Malik walking ahead of me.

Mama was sitting down waiting for us. "Mama, what are we having  for breakfast?" I asked, attempting to hopefully have food before the lecture was coming.

"I think we should talk first. So take a seat, you two." She said, pointing to the sofa in front of her.

Malik sat down, calm and relaxed, while I, on the other hand, was stressed and worried.

She stayed quiet, looking at both of us. "Mama, are you mad at me?" I asked, trying to break the nerve breaking silence.

"I don't know beta. Imagine your daughter's dead husband is with her in her room. How would you react." She said, looking at us.

"I don't think I would allow our daughter to marry anyone as dangerous as me or go around with someone like that." Malik commented, making us both look at him. "But we can do something about that." he added unbothered.

I was shocked how he said that in front of Mama. I gave him a 'seriously right now.' type of face. He really had to say that right now. He carelessly shrugged his shoulders and went back to looking at Mama.

Kismat aur HumOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara