39.

- Haniya -

"Are you sure you don't want me to drop you off at home? You'll be sitting here for almost an hour." He asked for the fifth time.

"It's fine, I'll probably take a nap, right? Watch some videos." I answered him again. "Fine, but stay in my office then, I'll be back as soon as I'm done." I nodded.

Ali had to go to his meeting room, I told him I'd wait for him in his office, but he wasn't that keen with the idea, but he went along with it.

This would give me time to look around his office and find something. "Ali, before you leave. Do you think I could remove my hijab? I might want to take a nap, and it's really warm." I said.

"Don't worry, there aren't any cameras in my office, you can relax. The AC remote is on the window there." He pointed.

I thanked him as he walked out of the office. I waited ten minutes to make sure he was gone. Then I looked around the office, making sure there were no cameras, I wanted to be a hundred percent sure before I did anything.

After making sure there weren't any cameras. I started looking around his desk for any hint.

Searching through the desk, I was looking through letters, paper work. An envelope got the corner of my eye. It was labeled important, and it was addressed to the daughter and son of Ali.

Maybe I could find out information from this letter. I was about to open it when my phone vibrated. It scared me at that moment. I looked at it. It was a text from Malik.

Malik: we need to meet, it's urgent. I'll be there in two minutes.

That's strange. We agreed to meet up in the night. What is so urgent that he had to meet me now?

I responded to his text, saying I'll be down in a minute. Quickly grabbing my purse, I walked out of the office. I was quickly walking through the office, and I accidentally bumped into someone.

My bag fell on the floor. "Sorry." I said, picking up my things of the floor. The person was wearing a helmet, he picked up something and nodded to me.

He rushed past me, walking towards the hall I had just exited. I shrugged it off and walked towards the exit.

I walked towards the little fountain in front of the office. It was far away from the place, and he would be hidden.

I waited for a bit, looking around. No one was around. This was good. I waited for a few more minutes until a black car pulled up. 

Parking close by, he opened the door, stepping out. I ran towards the car to meet him.

As soon as I approached him, he held both my arms, examining me. "Are you okay? I tried getting her as soon as I got your text." He repeated again, looking at me.

"Malik, came down. I'm fine, but what do you mean text, I didn't text you." I asked him, now getting confused.

"Love, I got your text. That some guy was trying to hurt you." He said, concerned. "Malik, I didn't text you. In fact, I got your text that there was something urgent." I explained to him.

"Love, we we're going to meet tonight, and I had nothing important." He said, confused.

We both stood confused about what had just happened. "So we both didn't call each other?" I asked, "I don't think so." He responded, equally thinking of something.

I was about to say something when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID. I told Malik to stay quiet.

"Hey Ali, everything okay?" I asked him. "Hey, yes. I wanted to tell you my meeting has extended, so you should go home." He replied. "Are you sure?" "Yes, would you like me to send a driver?" He asked. "No, no, it's fine. I'll figure it out." I responded. "Okay." And saying that, he ended the call.