8

Preeta came home and went directly to her room.She locked the door and started overthinking.

it seemed as if śvakaḥ was more worried about a human's naive wish to have a mate rather than worrying about werewolves.....

Laying on her poster bed she just couldn't stop thinking about that man.He was handsome. Thinking about this unknown man preeta feet into a deep slumber.

Later in the evening:
"Preeta wake up we have some guests downstairs go and prepare chai" her aunt says.

Sluggishly preeta moved from her bed and made her way towards the kitchen.
One guest had his eyes on her all the time.

"Ayye preeta take these mirchi bajjis,your mother told to place them on her precious cutlery." Her aunt requested.

"The guests must too be precious to her chikki,Amma is removing her dowry's cutlery.....finally" saying this preeta started laughing.

Nayanthara too started giggling.

She took the tray of chai and snacks and walked towards the living room.

Walking into the room and meeting the man whom she taught she would never meet again shocked preeta.

Her mother told "preeta come here meet Alpha Karan and beta sherish"

Alpha Karan winking at her said, "hey"

"Hello" came a low reply.

Nayanthara came back from the kitchen and inquired "other than giving back the bag you took some trouble in coming all the way here personally Alpha Karan"though she was addressing the Alpha she could see how his eyes never left preeta.

Sitting cross legged on the stool next to her mother, preeta did her best to avoid the pestering alpha's eyes.
"I think I could take some trouble to meet my mate" the response came
"I hope that I can take her with me to my pack with your permission aunty".

Nayanthara and Meera looked at each other nervously.

Preeta glared at the alpha.

Preeta's mother said in a small scared voice, "no".

There was a knock on the door,Nayanthara went to open the door. She was thankful that mukesh came. She filled in her brother in law on the situation.

Mukesh came into the living room and was greeted by Alpha Jyeshtha,
"Namaskar uncle"

Mukesh replied "namaskar... namaskar, my daughter is very fragile hearted. let her leave the room while we speak."

Preeta nodded and went up the stairs yet stood at the top of the staircase listening everything.

"She is more precious to me than my life uncle. She's my mate i know i may not be able to give her the same warmth and love you gave her ever but i will do my best" Alpha karan pleaded.

Unlike preeta her rest of the family was very much aware of the 24 year old Alpha's Cold nature that he was infamous for.

"Just protect her,she is a piece of my heart I am giving her to you.."
Mukesh couldn't control his tears as he took the support of the sofa.

Preeta came running down the stairs and let her tears fall this time while hugging her father.

__________________________________Author's note:
Mother śvakaḥ : Wife of Soma and The Matchmaker of werewolves.

Chai is milk tea.
Mirchi bajjis are Green chilli filters.

~vote if you like