20

O Rama please give some sense to my mother in law to come back soon from sherish's house

Preeta prayed quickly to the gods.

"Beta go and look for karan. We have to leave for the airport,it is already 9 o'clock." Kamal, preeta's father in law requested looking again at his watch.

"Okay papa."

Turning around preeta started walking inside the house.
"Arreh wait beta, just mindlink him he will come."

Now how will I tell father in law that i am not marked yet.

"Actually papa karan has not marked me yet"

Kamal frowned a little first then smiled, "but ofcourse i sometimes forget that you are a human. You need more time"
Let me tell you something daughter."

Both walked inside the house.

Moving the dining table chair he sat there and beckoned his daughter in law to do the same.

"You would surely need some time to adjust to everything but now as the luna of this pack you have some responsibilities towards this pack as well."

Preeta placed both her hands together and thought here comes the much awaited lecture from my father in law. When will I get to speak with Karan and get things sorted.

"I want to see you get involved more in pack matters."

Preeta nodded to this "i will papa."

"Why don't you join the accounting section of our pack hospital.?"

"Papa actually i am in my last year and don't have much qualification", preeta nervously fidget with her fingers.

Why didn't I study harder!

Her father in law gave a small laugh and said, "you may learn on how to lead the management team from Mr Nair, he now leads it instead of your mother in law as we are leaving for a vacation.
Your mate would be handling my real estate business now."

"Was he not managing it till now?"

Too much yet to know about her husband

"He wanted to take a career of his choice- something along the lines of following his passion. Now he is working with one of our pack members." Grinning kamal added further, "but now he has to takeover until I return or maybe even after i return."

It suddenly occured to preeta that her father in law was not at all happy with karan's choice of career.

The next moment mahima, Sherish and payal entered through the front door.

"Morning luna and Uncle", Sherish and mahima greeted them.

"Good morning auntie" said preeta.

"I hope you had a good sleep beta now where is karan,we have to leave for the airport."

Blushingly preeta said in a low voice, "yes mom... I'll look for karan."

Mahima and her mate looked at each other while payal gave a proud smile to preeta.
Make him work for it, thought payal.

Mahima signed, "the luna looks so innocent and sweet. Who could think that our luna is so much fond of men"

Her mate gave her disapproving look.

Payal didn't say anything but the former alpha spoke in a hard voice.
"That girl seema should think before speaking such nonsense.A good thing she too will be leaving for her parents home today."

To this payal responded, "even if this is true it is normal as your luna is not a werewolf like us. So our customs don't apply to her. You make sure Sherish that henceforth anyone who speaks ill regarding your luna should be punished accordingly.

___________________________________

~vote if you like