22

Vote if you liked❤️

Samyukta kept her phone aside as something that someone spoke caught her interest.

The alpha of uttara pack was today here as she had heard how karan has been on a hunt for rogues.

Generally unlike the other Alphas ,alpha Raman had no such strict policy against rouges as he had previously cleared too in some meetings that he thought that if they don't pose a danger to the packs, why kill them for choosing to stay individually?

The change of events were such that now from the past two days the same alpha has been on a hunt for rouges.

Samyukta had left her pack yesterday night and had reached here at dawn, as the new luna of this pack preeta should have come to meet her atleast one but there were absolutely no trace of her. The pack members here had their lips tightly sealed, no news could be forced out of their
mouths.

According to samyukta,
So either his mate is angry or upset because of him...........
only these two things can influence an alpha this much where they behave more like beasts

Likewise it was not an issue to her that he is behaving as such cause at the end of the day the rouges who were trying to attack her territory would be punished!

Coming back to the present she listens as beta Sherish spoke,"the three rouges who tried attacking uttara pack are put in the pack cellar."

Karan turned towards samyukta,"you will deal with them?"

"Ofcourse, hand them over to me."

"Do as alpha samyukta says'" karan said in a cold voice, "I hope you would see yourself out. my beta will hand them over to you at the pack border."

His words clearly indicated that he had dismissed samyukta and the pack members standing in the hospital room meant for staff meetings.

Karan swiftly walked out of the room.

It was beta Sherish who briefed Alpha samyukta on what had actually happened.

Karan's gaze couldn't seem to move from where his mate layed unconsciously.....

Samyukta walked inside the room,"you won't ask me what I would do to the rogues?"

"Looking at how you didn't care to punish your dear son for misbehaviour I don't fucking care about anything else!" He said with a irritated voice.

With a scowl on her face she replied, "I know your disdain with him is cause of him hurting preeta but don't bring forth the past now. Preeta was his mate before now he has already decided to marry kira and you have marked preeta. Don't fret now karan."

"So those two cheaters are meant to be together. Didn't your new daughter in law found her mate."

"She rejected him too."

"Perfect"

"They both are adults who can think for themselves raj. Nothing can be done."
samyukta said with a tone of disappointment

"So you will appoint them to the position of alpha and luna? Amazing!!",he said clapping his hands.

"Who said anything about that" she held back a sly smile.

Samyukta continued,"Raman I know you are hurt by how Raj treated preeta but that too had a silver lining for you. Śvakaḥ has truly blessed you with a lovely mate,as for Raj he believes I have been irresponsible as a parent"

"Is that an excuse!" He said slamming his hand on a nearby table. "Him being a sorry excuse of a werewolf is now your fault too? Him not realising that what he had done back in the club could have caused a major conflict between those tantrics and your pack? You looked after him as a single parent,you didn't summon to heartbreak after alpha Prem died! You choose to live for your son."

"I heard him say some things to my beta. It looks my son is planning to overthrow me soon."

"You pack would be doomed then." He murmured.

Samyukta had walked towards the small window and she saw near a small pond some small white birds were drenching themselves in the water. She turned her head abruptly as she heard karan's low voice,
"what-what did you say? What do you mean by that karan?"she again looked out of the window.

This time it was she who whispered, "the mārjāraḥ!"

Karan looked over his mate with concern it has been two damn days.

"You contacted them. Karan they are untrustworthy", samyukta said walking towards him.

"It was not for myself and anyway they just warned me of a future rouge attack that shall happen as soon as raj takes over as an alpha."

"I will look into it. okay now listen to me carefully use your anger in the right direction. Find a tantric. Preeta has been unconscious for two day certainly it is not only because she slipped. You found her unconscious near the washroom right, maybe she fainted?"

"The doctors didn't say anyt-?"

"You immediately turned in your wolf form after you layed your mate on the bed Raman. The doctors were terrified." She explained

" So their fear was more than their duty towards their Luna?" he spat angrily.

"You kept on barking orders at everyone. You punished vimal with a 1 year border patrol when he just asked you what happened to his luna? You are speaking about duty son, but what about love. The pack members are moving in and out of this pack hospital daily for checking in on their luna's health. Do you think this bundle of flowers you see over here came out of thin air?" She said pointing at the table which had piles of flower over it.

Karan remained silent.

"Look child take care of yourself.
You would not be able to protect her in this misery driven state of yours." She said placing her head over his head.
___________________________________