18

Bringing his hand to preeta's cheek he carresed it. She was tired cause of yesterday night's activities.

A mate was all karan had ever wished for and then preeta came as a gift to him. A blessing he would thank the gods for all his life.
Being an only child of his parents,he lived a loved life but a mate was supposed to make the second half of your life meaningful and happy....

Karan himself was not a talkative person. In his teenage years he had served 7 years doing border patrol
in Delhi. He stayed in the saṃgha hostel where he met Raman,the then next in line alpha of Rajouri pack(the pack which regulates Delhi). It is still quite uncommon for pack leader's children to attend saṃgha for border patrol duties and in this generation of alpha only 5 alphas in India have joined for it.

Delhi along with the other metropolitan cities was a vulnerable place for Werewolves. The bloodshed he had committed there, the torture he did to the rogues were something that made him numb to emotions.Many werewolves use to visit Psychologists after such trainings. He often used to hear his hostel mates screaming from nightmares.

In Delhi only, karan completed his B.Arch and then returned back to Karnataka. He got offered to work by one of his pack member. A convenient job - work from home and only have to visit the office once every month.

Since then as the alpha of the dakshina pack, karan has tried his best to fulfil his duties.

Recently a tantric had tried to harm Raj. Later on some rogues attacked the boundary of uttara pack alpha samyukta thought that something was not right.

Karan's father often used to say "if only Prem would not have died,the saṃgha were eager to have her as one of the aṣṭa"

The seminar was just a sham to meet karan and discuss this matter with him. Karan suggested her to meet a tantric.
The meeting with the tantric was in the kali temple.

The truth that the tantric brought out only made Raj a more incompetent alpha in his eyes.

The thing is that alpha Raj had assaulted the sister of the tantric who tried attacking Raj in the first place. It seemed like prithvi was already aware of the entire matter,for when Raj entered the temple hr asked him "if a glass of scotch would be fine?"....

Some days prior to this, raj has gone to a club with his friends where he had a tiff with the one who attacked him over a glass of his favourite drink! The tantric's sister had only come to sort out the matter where she was pushed to the floor by Raj in anger. Some shards of glass has pierced her eyes tendering get blind, she in turn tried to hurt him throught her mantras.

In fact, prithvi was more than glad to mock Raj and Alpha samyukta here and there so as to get back at them for disrespecting one from his race....

When he first met preeta he was the happiest,he knew then only that his mate was not a werewolf. But it did not matter to him that preeta was a human.

Some orthodox werewolves still don't accept human mates whether male or female since the children born out of such conception are often not as strong as the ones with both parents as werewolves.

Preeta was very kind person but also a headstrong lady. She may never allow others to suffer but that same rule didn't applied to herself. Guilt was one of the strongest emotion apart from affection karan felt when he had to make preeta leave her house...

Having found her and then staying away from her was not a choice for him.

And then the infamous useless brat of the uttara pack was eyeing preeta, karan realised something was fishy....

That swine Raj had marked preeta and though at that time preeta was Raj's mate yet forcing your mate into marking was frowned upon amongst werewolves. The moment karan figured out his mate's connection with Raj he wanted to break his bones.

For now there was no need to worry about raj,he was taken care of!

When karan looked at the clock it was too early in the morning. He pulled his wife near him and cell asleep.

__________________________________
A/N: Sorry for the late update.

saṃgha- association/council
aṣṭa- the eight

Vote if you like