24

~vote if you liked❤️

Karan was sitting on a chair near preeta's bed, he suddenly stood up and moved in front of mautika, "tell me will my mate be completely fine after she wakes up."

His voice was rough as if threatening the tantric.

"She will be absolutely fine" mautika said truthfully.

The moment preeta fainted from karan's bite, he had placed her on the bed as exhaustion after marking was quite normal amongst werewolves.... But preeta was not a werewolf.

hours later in the wake of the morning when he moved his hands to find his wife, she was not there on their bed. As he moved to check the washroom-there she was lying on the threshold unconscious. Karan thought that she had slipped......... He panicked.

karan brought her to the pack hospital in the evening. The doctors could not find anything wrong other than the little head bump she had got by falling on the threshold,which would easily heal in a day or two but still then she should not have been unconscious that too for so long.

According to the doctors it was common for female werewolves to be unconscious for hours after the marking while the males just aren't that much affected by marking.

When Samyukta suggested that preeta might be unconscious due to the marking he immediately called the first tantric he could think of: mautika...

During his years as alpha he encountered a few tantrics. Except the werewolves most of the other creatures did not live in packs or groups the tantrics too lived like humans now.

He met one such tantric named mautika. She was an amateur but was said to be taken as a disciple by a yogini guru. The credibility of mautika was particularly because of her Guru.

Now he didn't knew whether mautika was telling the truth or not!

Karan knew that she was not lying completely as preeta has been occasionally falling in and out of consciousness so it meant that she will wake up soon but he was sure that she was hiding something.

In a hurry mautika spoke,
"I will come later to visit your luna, for now alpha I have to attend my lessons. May Maa kāli protect her."

As she was going for the handle of the door, karan went to pull her back to interogate.
"Ahhh"

Karan stopped in his tracks as he heard his mate's groaning.

He made strides towards the bed. But she was still unconscious only mumbling incoherant words here and there.

"You said you were ready pree, you promised me you would be fine... but it's my fault i should not have marked you", he said sobbing while he nuzzled her neck,licking her there.

"Uh-huhhh...." Grumbled preeta, she tried opening her eyes..

Karan stood from his chair and grabbed a glass of water. He gently made her sit on the bed and sat behind her. Bringing the glass near her mouth he moved some hair back from her face.

Preeta gulped down the water.

After she drank water,karan peppered her face with small kisses.
"Oh don't irritate me karan.i have just woken up and I am hungry" preeta frustrated as her throat still felt dry and her body felt weak.

Looking at her face with longing, "forgive me pree,I just can't help it,hearing your voice after so many days. Let me bring something for you to eat."

"Days!!! Why am I in a hospital you idiot answer me and then go" she yelled but her expression changed to a gentle one after turning to look at her mate.

Why is this monkey looking so dull...wasn't she the one who was ill,then why is he looking like a patient? Preeta wondered looking at his face.....

"Do not panick pree... Have some food first then we will speak"

"No I want answers now."

"Okay let me ask Sherish to tell
jamvant to prepare something for you."
___________________________________