𝐱𝐢𝐢.

Heading back to New York had been pretty hard, but for entirely different reasons this time around. Camila, as much as she would never admit it, did not want to leave Spain and it was mostly because she didn't want to leave Carlos. He had become so familiar to her, so like home already. She was dreading being so far away from him. Though, she did reason with herself, it was only for a few weeks. The first race of the season was on the 28th of March, less than three weeks away. It was stupid to be so upset that she had to leave. She should be excited, the oscars were soon, less than a week away. Camila had enough to be thinking of without Carlos taking up so much space in her head.

Not to mention, she also had a short film to finish, which was no small task. She was happy with what she had done so far, Sadie and Dylan were no trouble at all, they were the perfect actors, they played their parts perfectly. But Camila had been struggling with the timeline. When she had gotten back to New York, they still had half of the movie to film in under a week, but somehow they had managed it. With sleepless nights and overtime, they had finally done it. It was the last day of filming, Camila had finally done it.

"Sadie, that was amazing! And that's a wrap!" Camila stood from her director's chair behind the camera, opening her arms wide. They were finally finished with filming.

Sadie cheered, running into Camila's open arms and hugging her tightly around the waist. She was such a sweet girl, her and Camila had gotten quite close over the last few weeks. Camila laughed, messing up Sadie's hair and patting her on the back. She was proud of them. She finally pulled away, Sadie grumbling and fixing her hair, and noticed that Dylan was standing right behind her. Camila jumped slightly at the proximity before laughing and letting Dylan hug her tightly as well, almost picking her up off the ground.

"Congratulations everybody," Camila said as Dylan finally let her go. "thank you so much for your hard work, and I'll see you all next week for the wrap party!" Camila slung an arm back around Sadie's shoulder as she spoke, now talking to the whole crew gathered around her. "You all take a well deserved break."

Sadie stayed by Camila's side as everyone dispersed, the two casually chatting as they began to pack up their stuff from that day, ready to finally head home for a good night's sleep.

"Hey, Camila, I was wondering if we could talk?" Dylan returned from his trailer, yet again standing closely behind Camila, and she turned to face him with a smile.

"Sure, what's up?" Camila just assumed he wanted to ask her something about the party next week.

He glanced awkwardly at Sadie, and the redhead nodded, somehow receiving whatever silent signal Dylan was sending.

"I'm just gonna go to craft services and get a donut." Sadie turned and almost ran away, but not before sending Dylan an encouraging smile.

Camila furrowed her brows in confusion, but still gave Dylan a smile, telling him to ask her whatever he had to ask.

"So umm..." Dylan rubbed the back of his head awkwardly, "I just wanted to ask you something, and you totally don't have to say yes."

Camila's stomach dropped. She knew exactly what he was going to say, what he was going to ask, and she would have to turn him down. "Dylan I-"

"Just let me finish?"

Camila cringed slightly, but nodded regardless. Maybe she was wrong, maybe he wasn't about to ask what she thought he was.

"I've really liked spending time with you these past few weeks, and I was wondering if you'd like to go out sometime, on a date?"

"Dylan..."