𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢.

The next morning when Camila woke, the golden sun shining on her face through her blinds, a smile on her face until she realized the space in the bed next to her was empty. The moment she threw her arm to the side, expecting to find Carlos laying there, and finding no one, Camila sat up straight, slightly panicked. She understood why Carlos had been so afraid the night before when Camila had been in the bathroom. Her panic dissipated in less than a second though when she noticed the small note sitting folded on the pillow next to her. Camila reached out her hand, picking up the paper and unfolding it, reading it quickly.

I'm out to lunch with Lewis then getting everything set up. Be ready to go by five! I love you.
Carlos x (ps. dress nice)

A smile twitched at her lips as Camila read over the note again. Once she had finished, she folded it up again, holding it to her heart before putting it gently in the drawer of her bedside table. She wanted to keep it, it was written proof that he loved her, something no one could deny.

Camila glanced at the alarm clock as well, which read 12:34. It was much later than she usually slept, but she decided she didn't really care. According to Carlos, she didn't have to be ready until five, which gave her plenty of time. Even if she did have to quote "dress nice". She also had some work to get done, she did have a job she had been slightly neglecting recently. She had even forgotten, until her publicist had reminded her last week, that she would be hearing about the Emmy nominations any day now. She was pretty much a shoe-in after the success of the Queen's Gambit, but she was interested to see who else was nominated.

Camila scrolled through her phone, commenting on a photo Bella had posted, responding to a text Taylor had sent her about a new song, and rolling her eyes at the amount of messages George had sent her. He had been the one to know Camila was running off to find Carlos, and it was understandable that he was feeling pretty curious. Camila decided she owed him at least a little bit of an explanation after he had taken care of Charlotte and Charles for her. They were basically children when drunk.

shirtless king
WHAT HAPPENED WITH YOU AND CARLOS?
camila you better answer
i literally covered for you when pierre asked where you guys were
ANSWER ME 😞😔😕😣😖😫

cami hami
ugh you're such a real one george

shirtless king
thanks i know 😘
BUT WHAT HAPPENED???

cami hami
don't wanna ruin your innocent little ears

shirtless king
OH
OH
OH
SO THAT HAPPENED???

cami hami
mayyybeeee
you're also the only person i've told other than lewis
so can you pls keep this on the down low

shirtless king
of course i've got you
but can i tell carmen?

cami hami
yeah of course
i was just about to call taylor and tell her as well actually
idk if i'll tell anyone else yet though
me and carlos agreed to take it slow

shirtless king
that makes sense
don't worry your secret is safe with me and carmen

cami hami
really thank you
and thank you for looking after charles and charlotte too
they are a lot when they are drunk

shirtless king
if i can take some credit for getting you and carlos together then it was worth it

cami hami
you won't have to keep it secret for long
just a few weeks maybe
everyone will probably figure it out when they realize carlos is staying with me rn