𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢.

song of the chapter
maroon by taylor swift

❝  "how'd we end up on the floor anyway?" you say,
"your roommate's cheap-ass screw-top rosé, that's how"  

A chill air shook Carlos awake, and he opened his eyes in confusion. His gaze landed on the alarm clock, it read 2:03am. He stretched his arm to the right, expecting to find a warm body laying there, but the bed was empty. A small frown stretched over Carlos's lips when he realized he was alone, Camila was no where to be found.

Had last night been a dream? Had it even happened?

But no, it was real, it was most definitely real. Carlos could still smell her perfume, her shampoo, he could still feel her warmth. Not to mention her pink dress from the night before was still laying in a pile on the carpeted floor.

It had been real.

But then, Carlos thought, where the hell was Camila? Why wasn't she sleeping in his arms like she had been only a few hours ago.

Had she bolted when she realized what had happened? Did she regret it? Did she regret everything that had happened between them last night? After Carlos had kissed Camila, it wasn't long before her legs were wrapped around his waist and their clothes were on the floor. It had all happened so fast, Carlos wouldn't be surprised if Camila felt like it was going too fast.

A small noise from the bathroom made Carlos sit up straight, it sounded like the tap was running. He felt the anxiety leave his body in a wave, a small sigh escaping him. Camila hadn't run. She was here.

Barely a second later the bathroom door swung open, and there stood Camila, her figure illuminated by the harsh florescent lighting. Her body was covered by nothing but a massive shirt she had stolen from Carlos's suitcase that rested just above her knees. Her hair was hanging in a tangled mess around her shoulders, she didn't care enough to brush it out. She had woken up only a few minutes before and snuck out of Carlos's arms and headed to the bathroom. A smile was still resting on her lips that had been there from the moment she woke up.

But now, Camila was more than ready to be back in bed. Not only because her legs were shaking and she could barely stand, but so she could be back in Carlos's arms. Now that she had felt what it was like to have him wrapped around her, she wanted to stay like that forever.

"Sorry." Camila noticed Carlos was awake as she shut the bathroom door, tiptoeing back to the bed and slipping in next to the man sitting there. "Did I wake you up?"

"No. I just thought you pulled a runner." Carlos admitted, pulling Camila back into his arms the moment she was within arm's reach, reclining back into a laying position as he did so.

"I am not going anywhere." Camila shut her eyes as she spoke, letting her tiredness return. Carlos's heat had washed over her, making the goosebumps on her arms disappear, he always made her feel so warm. "You are completely and totally stuck with me." Camila mumbled, her voice barely audible. She was already half asleep, but she managed to catch Carlos's last words, a ghost of a smile crossing her lips before sleep pulled her in.

"I wouldn't have it any other way."