𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢.

Camila was up at the crack of dawn. She had slipped out of bed at 5:30am, careful not to wake up Carlos, who didn't have to be up until 8. She slipped on her bridesmaid pajamas, slipping a silk robe over her shoulders before tiptoeing to the room they would be getting ready in. Gabriela wouldn't be there until 7, but Camila and the other bridesmaids had to make sure everything was perfect before the bride woke up to get ready. They wanted to make sure this would be a stress free day for the bride.

Pushing open the suite door, Camila held back a yawn. She could see the other two bridesmaids, Gabriela's friend from childhood, Carolina and and her friend from college, Quinn. Carolina was a beautiful Brazilian girl with deep brown hair and green eyes, everything about her was striking. Camila loved her, she had idolized her as a kid. Whenever she hung out with Gabriela, who she had always seen as more of a sister than a cousin, Carolina was there. They were like family. Quinn was a rather quiet British girl who Gabriela had met while attending Cambridge a few years back. She had the most beautiful golden brown hair and blue eyes. Quinn was quiet until you got to know her, and then she was the funniest person in the world.

"Hey girls." Camila greeted, sitting down next to Carolina. Her yawn finally escaped her, causing her nose to scrunch up.

"Hey, want some coffee?" Quinn asked, yawning as well.

"Yes please." Camila shot Quinn a grateful smile. "And then I'm gonna call the wedding planner and make sure everything at the church and marquee is set up. You guys mind calling with the catering and then getting this room ready? The makeup and hair people will be here in about half an hour and I have to meet them down in the lobby."

"Course we don't mind. I'll go to the catering and Quinn can set up the room. What would we do without you Cam?" Carolina agreed, sipping her coffee slowly.

"I don't know what you guys would do, but this wedding would be crashing and burning."

"Nothing but the best for our Gabi."

"Nothing but the best. I'm gonna make that call. Make sure everything is perfect." Camila stood, stepping out into the hallway.

"Make sure to drink all your coffee Camila, don't want you falling asleep on the job!" Carolina called after her, and Camila turned, shooting her a thumbs up.

Camila pulled out her phone, pressing on the contact of Emily, the wedding planner. "Hey Emily, just checking in! Everything going well?"

"If it isn't my favorite maid of honor!" Emily's excited voice said, the hustle and bustle of the caterers and decorators around her. "Everything is going perfectly down here, don't you worry about a thing. I've already spoken to the catering, everything is perfect, the church is all ready and the marquee for the reception is already up. You just focus on getting the bride looking beautiful and feeling ready for her big day."

Camila smiled, feeling a weight being lifted off her shoulders. Everything was going perfectly, Camila could focus on getting herself and Gabriela ready. "Thank you so much, Emily. I will be calling you whenever I decide to get married."

"I am waiting for the call," Emily replied with a smile. "you and Carlos are so sweet together."

Camila's face flushed, what did that mean? She ran a hand through her hair awkwardly before replying. "No um, Carlos isn't my boyfriend."

"He isn't?" Emily frowned, she was sure there was something going on between Carlos and Camila. "I'm sorry I just assumed, you two seem very close."

"Yeah, he's a close friend of mine. Not my boyfriend though." Camila laughed awkwardly, trying to get rid of the weird feeling in her stomach when she said he wasn't her boyfriend. Maybe she wanted him to be her boyfriend. Just a little bit.