𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢.

Carlos had been serious when he said Camila would not be driving. She had gone to pick the Spaniard up from the airport and after trying to get into the driver's seat, of her own car mind you, he had physically pulled her back, shaking his head. Camila tried to slip past him and get into the driver's side, but to no avail.

"You are not driving." Carlos quickly stepped in between Camila and the Mercedes car, refusing to let her sneak past him.

"I am not that bad!" Camila whined, crossing her arms like a child, almost stomping her foot in annoyance. It wasn't that she even liked driving, but Camila was tired of everyone saying she was terrible, even if she was.

"Tell that to Charles's first car." Carlos said, raising his eyebrows.

Camila gasped. "How do you even know about that!"

"Charles told me about it, along with some other teenage stories." Carlos was wearing a grin that made Camila's stomach turn. Charles knew a lot of embarrassing things about her from her days before real fame.

"What else has he told you about me?" Camila cringed, thinking about all the possible storied Charles had spilled.

"Nothing you need to worry yourself about." Carlos was wearing a sly grin that only told Camila he knew everything she didn't want him to.

"Alright then, I'll just ask Charles to tell me more about you. I'm sure he's got some stories."

"Don't, please." It was now Carlos's turn to cringe at the thought of Charles telling Camila about all the drunken things they'd done together.

"Well I definitely am now." Camila grinned, tilting her head at the man in front of her.

Carlos walked around the car, opening the passenger side door and gesturing for Camila to sit inside. "Just get in the car."

"Fine, but I get to chose the music."

"You always chose the music anyways."

"True."

Sliding into the car, Camila pulled out her phone, scrolling through her Spotify. For the first time in a while, she had no clue what to play. Normally, if Camila was feeling energetic she would blast a Shakira or Taylor Swift song, and if she was feeling more tired she would sing softly to Coldplay or Lana Del Rey. But, right now, Camila didn't even know how she felt. For days, her thoughts hadn't been able to shut up, but now, as she sat next to Carlos, everything was calm. She didn't feel panicked or sad or angry, she felt at peace, something she hadn't felt since, well, since she last saw Carlos.

Opting for a more mellow playlist, Camila leaned against the window, letting the calm feeling wash over her. She relished in it, the feeling that the world had somehow quieted down. Things in the Hamilton house were a bit crazy, they were all busy trying to adjust to the idea that Luisa would not be there one day.

There was silence between Carlos and Camila, but it wasn't awkward at all, rather it was a nice silence. One that put them both at ease. It was ten minutes before anyone spoke, neither eager to break the silence.

"What's this song? It's nice, sad, but nice." Carlos finally spoke as 'Tolerate It' played quietly through the car speakers.

"It's called Tolerate It," Camila said, shifting in her seat. It was one of her favorite songs, just because it was yet another experience her and Taylor shared. "I actually helped Taylor write it."