𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯.

Camila had gotten back to London only a few days ago, and she had really forgotten how much she did love the city. As much as Brazil was her home, she had spent so many of her childhood years in the British city, that it was certainly a close second. Camila even spoke in a British accent when she spoke English, for god's sake.

Everyday Camila had been in London had been spent with her mother. Every morning, Camila would wake up and pull herself out of bed and head straight to her parent's house, waking up early enough that she could indulge herself on Anthony's homemade breakfast (god could that man cook). Camila didn't want to waste a second of her time in the UK not at her mother's side. There was a reason Camila was heading to her parent's house to watch the French Grand Prix rather than actually going with Lewis. That reason was her mother's ever decreasing health. Luisa acted like she was fine, for the sake of her family, but she was growing weaker by the day, and it was painfully obvious to Camila. She knew her mother's every move, her every habit and every quirk. If the fact that Luisa no longer woke up at the crack of dawn for the sunset anymore was any indication, Camila could tell that her mother was growing more frail.

Camila was currently trying to leave her house and head for her parent's, keyword, trying. Her new pet Lola was making that increasingly difficult. The cat had taken up the game of invading Camila's closet and getting her teeth around the most expensive items in there. She had already run away with Camila's custom Chanel dress, her Hermès bag, and her Rebok sneakers. That was thousands of dollars that had now been in her cat's mouth.

With a roll of her eyes, Camila glanced around her closet, trying to decide if her outfit was finished. She was wondering if she could get away with donning a Ferrari jacket she had stolen from Carlos, but she knew Anthony would disown her if she showed up to his house sporting the red team. The jacket did remind her of one thing though, she was yet to message Carlos and wish him good luck. They had spoken last night and Camila had promised to reach out to him the next day, a promise she was yet to keep. Reaching into her pockets, Camila pulled out her phone, immediately shooting the Spaniard a text.

mila ❤️
hey carlos!
just wanted to say good luck for today's race

carlitos 💕
thanks so much!
are you gonna be watching?

mila ❤️
yep i'm going to mom's and anthony's to watch
how are you feeling?
french gp is always a big deal

carlitos 💕
i'm a bit nervous
but i'm optimistic
5th in quali is pretty good

mila ❤️
it's very good

carlitos 💕
still a bit nervous
the car is just so unpredictable
some days it feels like the fastest thing in the world and then some days i can hardly drive it

mila ❤️
i'm sorry
that's gotta suck

carlitos 💕
it does but it's okay
i just remind myself that i drive for ferrari
that is every driver's dream

mila ❤️
it is a dream
but you're still allowed to be upset
a lot of the time our dreams aren't exactly what we think

carlitos 💕
i just don't want to disappoint anyone
a lot of people's hopes are riding on me

mila ❤️
i doubt this means anything and i can't talk for everyone
but i can say you won't disappoint me
even if you dnf on the first lap and crash into charles and lewis i won't be disappointed