𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢.

A nauseous feeling had settled itself in Camila's gut. She really didn't want to be here right now, sitting in a sparkly dress, her hair done up, as she was being driven to the Emmy's. All she could think about was how her mother wasn't here. She wouldn't be there to see her win maybe the biggest award of her lifetime. Camila, if she won, would be doing something that had never been done before. But it didn't really mean anything to her right now.

At least Camila wasn't going alone. She would have Georgina by her side the whole night. Her friend had dropped everything to fly all the way to LA from the UK to support Camila, something she was beyond grateful for. Camila would have preferred Carlos be there with her, but he was in Russia for the Grand Prix. He had offered to drop out of the race, but she wasn't about to let him to that. All the same, she wished he could have been there.

Georgina had made it her mission for the night to keep Camila's emotions in check. She knew it wouldn't be a fun night, but if she could keep Camila from breaking down in front of everyone, it would be a successful night.

Camila had almost lost it when she stepped out of the car that had driven them to the ceremony, forcing a smile onto her face. The cameras flashing at her and the questions being thrown at her made stomach drop. Georgina noticed her friend's panic instantly, placing a comforting hand against her back, ushering her past the paparazzi and into the venue. Now they just had to get through the red carpet, the award show, and any speech Camila might have to give if she won. After all that, they could go back home, change into pajamas, and watch the Grand Prix. That was the part of the night Camila was looking forward to.

Georgina stepped onto the red carpet first, smiling and waving at the cameras. But no one was focused on her, they were all too curious to see how the Brazilian actress was holding up. The cameras flashed at double speed when Camila stepped onto the carpet, a hand on her hip. She just smiled, posing for a select few pictures, and then practically running off of the carpet, grabbing Georgina's arm as she did so.

Once she was away from the cameras, Camila ran a tired hand down her face.

"Come on, babe." Georgina said, grabbing Camila's shoulder and shaking it. "You've got this."

Camila wiped her eyes, forcing back the tears threatening to spill. Almost everything she looked at reminded her of her mother. The red of the carpet that was Luisa's favorite color, the starry sky that made Camila think of all her mother's stories, the fabric of her dress that reminded Camila of the dresses her mother used to make for her. But she couldn't think about all that right now. She had an award show to get through. So, she swallowed her pain, taking a deep breath. "You're right. I do got this."

"We are going to go in there, you're going to accept people's condolences, sit down, and then win that fucking Emmy." Georgina grabbed either side of Camila's face, looking her deep in the eyes. The gesture made Camila laugh slightly, Georgina was good at being dramatic. "And then we're gonna go home, you're gonna call your boyfriend, and then we are going to call asleep gorging ourselves on chocolate."

"Okay." Camila looped her arm through Georgina's leading the way into the room where the Emmy's would actually be hosted. It was filled to the brim with celebrities, and just as Georgina had anticipated, almost everybody stood, offering the actress their condolences. Camila just accepted them gracefully, making her way slowly to her seat, sighing the moment she was able to sit down and tune out the buzz around her.

The awards went by in a blur, Camila not paying attention. She just clapped when everyone else clapped, trusting Georgina to let her know when her category was being called up.